Squirrel

Squirrel

I just signed up. I quit smoking December 28, 2019 after smoking 28 years. I’m still currently using Nicolette 2mg about 6-8 pieces a day. 
I’m looking for support. I want to stop using the gun. And I am gaining weight and having issues getting a deep breath. 
I have minor health issues and I know my body is still healing from the damage I created. 
I am active but really need motivational support to keep me on track to reach my goals. I’ve joined groups in the past quota and it helped. One thing I know without a doubt I WILL NOT SMOKE EVER AGAIN! 

• Like 2

Welcome Squirrel,

You have made a wise decision to quit smoking and join this site. There are a large abundance of people here all in different stages of their quits. Every single one them will support you 100%. The only thing we ask is that you commit to and give it everything you have towards being a non smoker. Your success means a happier and healthier version of yourself. There are many articles and videos to help you educate yourself on nble endeavor. So, if this is truly what you want then have a seat and enjoy the ride. Always remember to stay safe, make smart choices and always remember the Nope pledge ( not one puff ever).

• Like 2

Welcome aboard squirrel and congratulations on deciding to take back your life and almost eight months smoke free, that's awesome 😊 

I'm glad you're ready to give up the NRT's. It'll take about three days for the nicotine to leave your system and you may feel yourself craving sweets or being extra tired, grumpy or anxious. It's all part of the withdrawal and completely normal. But we will be here to support you through it 😊

Might I suggest though that you make your own thread in this forum to introduce yourself?  Congratulations again on your great quit 😊

Oh and try not to worry about the extra weight for now, it'll come off in time....🤗

• Like 2

Welcome aboard ...

Great quit going ....

All you need to do now is stop putting nicotine back in your body ..via Gum.....

Try using a regular gum to wean yourself off The Nico Gum completely.....

You will have great support here ....

We have a number of Newbies ,you can sit next too ,along your journey ...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Welcome Squirrel! Great job stopping smoking! I was hooked on the gum for over a decade so you wanna quit that as soon as possible. It wrecks your gums too. Congratulations on taking back control of your life! Quitting nicotine is hard at first...but it gets easier quickly. You can do it!

• Like 1