Struggling

Linda

The last 3 days have been a struggle. I know it's because of some health issues and the unknow. I know smoking won't help but my mind says it will help. How crazy is that!!! Just a little rant for the day

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paul723 said:

Push those thoughts out of your mind as quick as possible and they won't bother you. 

Do what ever you have to do to protect your quit; it's the most important thing in your life.

Listen to Paul.  I did and he helped me build a successful quit.

I had to make the effort to replace the smokey thoughts with other thoughts.

I chose to find something of beauty to look at or listen to which would bump endorphins.

Beauty.

That light on that leaf,

a color,

a beautiful cloud here for a moment,

the face of a loved one,

a special picture or painting,

listening to a song that you love,

reading a favorite poem or passage in a book.

You know your own beauty and how to find it.

Use this to your advantage.

Beauty is all around us and it only takes a little focus for the happy endorphins to rush around.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Linda said:

... I know smoking won't help ...

We all know it, but the addict inside you is playing a trick on you.  

I've gone down this road many times before, you probably have too.  Remember the overwhelming shameful feeling after giving in, it won't help, it definitely will make you feel worse after.

So take a deep breath and enjoy this freedom, you got this Linda!

• Like 6

This is part of the quit process we ALL go through Linda. We've conditioned our minds to go directly to having a smoke when anything out of the normal happens to us, whether that be stress, illness and yes, even happy events. Your job now is to find ways to break that thought process. It WILL happen the longer you go not smoking and refusing to listen to those junkie thoughts we ALL had early in our quits.

You're doing great in these trying times. Keep pushing forward doing exactly what you're doing. Lots of wise people here to help you along :) 

• Like 6

Take smoking off the Table !!!!!

My junkie brain connected to this .....

What ever is happening in your life ...smoking is not a option ......There is a million and one things you can do and only one you carnt ....smoke ...

It's the only way to win your war Linda ...

• Like 5

Hey Linda,

There are a lot people here that know what they are talking about. Just look at their tickers or profiles. There are people here in all stages of their quit. Stemming from a couple of weeks up to many years. I have put my faith in them to help me through this quit that I have. I just passed 4 months myself. It may seem to some that I'm just cruising through my quit. That's not entirely true. I had been preparing myself for this particular quit for awhile and then one day during this pandemic I justed decided that I was done and I just quit. I use the Nope oath daily. I read all the responses given to individuals regarding their quit troubles. I then try to relate the troubles that others are experiencing with my own and take and use the advice as needed. So, don't be afraid to ask anyone here for advice on how to help you prolong your quit. That's what we are here for. So, stay safe, make smart choices and always remember to Nope.

• Like 6

Hi Linda, I hope you're starting to feel better. You're in what we refer to as wtf week. It's that third week quit when we think we've got this licked and then wtf! It's a tough week for a lot of us, thus the name. So hang in there my dear, it won't always be like this, I promise 🤗

• Like 5

Smoking will not make anything better.  It will only make things worse.  Nothing good comes from smoking.  It is all bad.

You are doing great and the feelings you are having are normal for someone who smoked for years and is putting that horrible addiction behind them.  You did a great thing by posting about how you are feeling.  Just do NOT light up.  That is the key.

• Like 3

Hi @anne welcome aboard our train of quitters 😊 Congratulations on taking back your life. We have a great group of members here so when you're ready why not introduce yourself in our Introduction forum so everyone can say hi 😊

• Like 2

Welcome Anne,

I see that you have over a 3 week quit working. That's great and congratulations. This is one the best places to be for support when it comes to quitting. Now that you are a non smoker you can always use a good support system. There are a lot of people here in all different stages of their quits. You can get all the knowledge you need to continue on your quit. You can watch videos, read articles and ask questions in our forums and you will get all the answers you need. The nicotine monster is crafty but you are stronger than the addiction. I hope to learn a little more about you in the future.

• Like 3

On 8/5/2020 at 8:24 AM, Linda said:

The last 3 days have been a struggle. I know it's because of some health issues and the unknow. I know smoking won't help but my mind says it will help. How crazy is that!!! Just a little rant for the day

Know how you feel..The last 10 days have been hell for me....I am back on railroad spikes.

Edited by Up In Smoke
  • Sad 2