I had a relapse.

That sucks for you Steven. Now you have to go through hell and heck week all over again. Something most of us who have had hard quits never want to do again! Hopefully you won't wait too long to quit again......

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jillar said:

That sucks for you Steven. Now you have to go through hell and heck week all over again. Something most of us who have had hard quits never want to do again! Hopefully you won't wait too long to quit again......

I am quitting today and reset my ticker.  Also, does my ticker show my new date? On my phone it keeps going back to 1990.

• Like 2

Aww Steven ....you need to stop going around on that hamster wheel and get off....

Having the odd one will keep you hooked .

You didn't do SOS because you wanted to smoke ...

You have to fight through some craves more than others ...it's the only way ...

Throw away what cigerettes you have left ...take your seat ....

Read again all you can ...you seemed to  have missed something .....you still believe all the lies ...

• Like 4

Just now, Warbelian said:

I relapsed 4 times this year, however it's how long we can manage without that counts the most

No, that's not what counts the most Warbellian, maybe that's why you're having a hard time STAYING quit.......

11 minutes ago, Steven Drojensky said:

I am quitting today and reset my ticker.  Also, does my ticker show my new date? On my phone it keeps going back to 1990.

Your ticker isn't showing up at all so you may need to remake it. Also change your quit date on your profile. I found its easier to do all that using the desktop site instead of the mobile site

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad both of you are starting again. Maybe think about using each other for special support as "quit buddies". You know, PM each other at times when something relevant comes up? What you both need to focus on is what the circumstances were and what your thought process was when you relapsed. That's the thought process that needs to change this time around.

I hope to see ya both around, active on the forum. It does help even if you think you have nothing new to contribute. Often just talking about what's happening is beneficial to you (and others).

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Warbelian said:

I relapsed 4 times this year, however it's how long we can manage without that counts the most,
Pick yourself up and lets start again.

What counts the most is staying quit and stop killing yourself ...

Why don't you stay around ...read everything again ....

We have a few newbies ...maybe this will help...

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jillar said:

No, that's not what counts the most Warbellian, maybe that's why you're having a hard time STAYING quit.......

Your ticker isn't showing up at all so you may need to remake it. Also change your quit date on your profile. I found its easier to do all that using the desktop site instead of the mobile site

I only have phone access. No home computer. I changed the date on my profile but the ticker keeps going back to 1990. Any suggestions on how to do it on my phone?

1 hour ago, Warbelian said:

I relapsed 4 times this year, however it's how long we can manage without that counts the most,
Pick yourself up and lets start again.

That's kinda like comparing an inmate's level of incarceration.  Sure, being in the general population is better than solitary confinement.  But it's only when you walk out of the prison that you're truly free.

Hope you make this your permanent quit Warbelian. 

Edited by BKP
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Steven Drojensky said:

I only have phone access. No home computer. I changed the date on my profile but the ticker keeps going back to 1990. Any suggestions on how to do it on my phone?

When you click on the date a window pops up. Click on today's date then click on the year that's on the left. In the window that pops up the years will show. Click 2020 then click set.

• Like 3

I'm not sure how to reset your ticker for your phone.  I was never able to see tickers on my phone but I do see them on my laptop.

The most important thing is that both you and Warbelian are quitting again.  Quitting and relapsing over and over again is a hell of a painful cycle to go through.  I did that too.  It is best to put smoking behind you once and for all.  There is a lot of support and knowledge here.  Please take advantage of it and absolutely post an SOS before you light up another cigarette.  BKP is right, your life is at stake here.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, jillar said:

When you click on the date a window pops up. Click on today's date then click on the year that's on the left. In the window that pops up the years will show. Click 2020 then click set.

The ticker still keeps going back to 1990 but my profile is now set at 8/4/20.

Sorry, it's all I have to work with here.

It's working for me, you just need to click on set after setting it to today's date. Full out all the rest and then click save. Pick your ticket out from the ones that lol up and copy and paste it into your signature.

6 minutes ago, jillar said:

It's working for me, you just need to click on set after setting it to today's date. Full out all the rest and then click save. Pick your ticket out from the ones that lol up and copy and paste it into your signature.

Hate to keep bothering you but did it work this time?

28 minutes ago, Steven Drojensky said:

Hate to keep bothering you but did it work this time?

You almost had it. You put it in your About me. If you had of scrolled down a little more you would have seen your signature. That's where you want to post it but I did it for you :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jillar said:

You almost had it. You put it in your About me. If you had of scrolled down a little more you would have seen your signature. That's where you want to post it but I did it for you :) 

Jillar to the rescue!

spacer.png

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, BKP said:

That's kinda like comparing an inmate's level of incarceration.  Sure, being in the general population is better than solitary confinement.  But it's only when you walk out of the prison that you're truly free.

BKP, what a great analogy.  

• Like 2

Steven, I think most who relapse start there quit obsessing about that cigarette they are not going to have.  That is always the addict talking.  You have the power to push past that.  You have to concentrate on how your life will be without cigarettes.  Deep breath that fresh air in and exhale all those addictive thoughts.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mee said:

Steven, I think most who relapse start there quit obsessing about that cigarette they are not going to have.  That is always the addict talking.  You have the power to push past that.  You have to concentrate on how your life will be without cigarettes.  Deep breath that fresh air in and exhale all those addictive thoughts.  

I have been doing some deep breaths today. I had a lot of stress come up today and normally would want a smoke. But that didn't happen today.

• Like 2

Steven, 

You should do deep breaths everyday for physical and mental health,

when you practice this, it becomes automatic.

Deep breathing immediately lowers your blood pressure and helps you to focus.

I suggest you go through these to build a successful quit

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine

and

importantly, Joel Spitzer's Daily Quitting Lesson Guide

Watch all the videos, read the material.

This is how to start your education about nicotine addiction.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

Steven, 

You should do deep breaths everyday for physical and mental health,

when you practice this, it becomes automatic.

Deep breathing immediately lowers your blood pressure and helps you to focus.

I suggest you go through these to build a successful quit

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine

and

importantly, Joel Spitzer's Daily Quitting Lesson Guide

Watch all the videos, read the material.

This is how to start your education about nicotine addiction.

Thank you Sazerac.

• Like 1