Things I Couldn't Do Before I Quit

NADA

Tell us one thing you couldn't do as a smoker that you're now able to do.

Me:

Hiking/Backpacking.  Will be heading off on a 9 day backpacking trip in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in a few weeks.  Here's a pic along the trail.

image.png.d3931b3747b6cf4829ed45f154eac662.png

Humphrey's Basin

• Like 9

I couldn't sit through anything...a movie, a school function, dinner. Always just waiting for that break away moment to go feed my addiction.

I'm so glad I don't do that crap anymore. So many pages to fill with moments I'm not missing out on...I love it! 

Breathe in that good air for all of us BKP...it looks beautiful!

• Like 8

16 hours ago, c9jane29 said:

I couldn't sit through anything...a movie, a school function, dinner. Always just waiting for that break away moment to go feed my addiction.

I'm so glad I don't do that crap anymore. So many pages to fill with moments I'm not missing out on...I love it! 

This^^

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Trail running.

When I was a smoker, the only time I would consider running was if I was being chased by a hungry bear or an angry woman.  Now, I go out in the woods and run for the fun of it.

Well...not right now.  With a month old baby, I can't be out dicking around in the woods all day.  But...I have every intention of getting back out on the trails in the Fall.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, c9jane29 said:

This sums it up perfectly for me as well.  I missed out on a whole lot in life either sneaking out or flat out hiding just to smoke and appease my nicotine fix.  It feels great not to have so much of my day centered around worrying about how I can light up my next cigarette.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There is nothing a nicotine addict can do

NOTHING 

that doesn't have a cigarette attached in some way

from the first thing in the morning till the last thing at night.

The craves will come every 20 minutes or so.

I put some craves off and usually only smoked 20 per day but, everything I did had an association.

EVERYTHING.

To be free of that slavery is magnificent.

• Like 7

I had panick attacks. I needed to smoke through them. Only to fuel myself up, making my heart pound harder and faster. And  I was FULLY AWARE of what I was doing. Embarassing,  really. 

I dont have panick attacks anymore. Probably for about half a year now or something. How awesome is that?! Quitting smoking has everything to do with that. 👌

Ohw Crap. I kinda missed the essence of this thread. Things you couldnt do before you quit. Well, before I quit I could not nót have panick attacks..? Oh heck, whatever. 

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, MLMR said:

I dont have panick attacks anymore. Probably for about half a year now or something. How awesome is that?! Quitting smoking has everything to do with that. 👌

🤗🤗🤗🎉 This is one of the best things I've heard in a while!! My heart just grew X2❤️

• Like 2

Not much ... really ... Sarge was running Full Monte Marathons *before* he quit ... he just had to look for The Smoking Area after The Finish Line, right? 

Quitting did allow The Climbing Hobby to continue and bloom, though - gear is expensive and not spending on cartons of Smokes each and every week freed up RIDICULOUS amounts of cash to put towards gear and travel for same ... 

EZPZ

• Like 1