Day 6 today

I usually start getting the strong cravings around days 6-7, so I am staying close to this group. Like I said yesterday, the craving usually lasts 5-10 minutes tops. One day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time. It will get up to 100 degrees here for the next few days, so I will be indoors a lot. I will probably clean my room and do some coloring and maybe practice some guitar. I want to keep my quit. I am truly grateful for everyone here for the support. I am understanding more and more each day what a powerful addiction nicotine is.

• Like 6

You are doing great, Steven.

You also made some great points.  Cravings only last a few minutes.  Fight through them and your quit gets stronger.

One day at a time and one minute at a time is how it gets done.  Just keep pushing through this and it will get much better.

I'm glad you want to keep your quit.  That is what will make you successful in quitting for good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steven Drojensky said:

I am understanding more and more each day what a powerful addiction nicotine is.

Yes! This is absolutely true Stephen but now you can also see many people just like you have broken free from their addiction and this is also possible for you and anyone else who believes in themselves and wants to be a nonsmoker! Soon you will start focusing on the positives you are already seeing (have you checked your wallet lately?)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Steven Drojensky said:

I am understanding more and more each day what a powerful addiction nicotine is.

Understanding the addiction is an important component to building a successful quit, Steven.

It explains much of what we experience.

Here are some resources

The Power Of Nicotine Addiction from Joel Spitzer

Nicotine and The Brain  a lecture found by MLMR

• Like 3