Thinking about quitting tomorrow.

SamDy

I think I feel ready to try and quit again. I don't know how I'll get through it. All my attempts have failed in the past. Can't use nrt or meds. So my only way is cold turkey. 

• Like 5

Go for it mate....it's the greatest gift you will ever give yourself. You have a whole train of crazy here in your corner to keep you on track.

Don't focus on ya lost quits, other than to know what your triggers were and how to get passed them.

Remember you o not have to quit for one day, and repeat that every 24 hours.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SamDy said:

I think I feel ready to try and quit again. I don't know how I'll get through it. All my attempts have failed in the past. Can't use nrt or meds. So my only way is cold turkey. 

Hello SamDy and welcome to our merry little band of quitters.

You may find this thread helpful in building yourself a forever quit.

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine

I am a cold turkey quitter and I know that if I can quit, anybody can quit.

It is the quickest way to rid your body of nicotine forever !

and then be on to living your freedom.

Here are a few resources from our friend, Joel Spitzer

Feeling Handicapped In Your Ability To Quit Smoking

I've Tried Everything To Quit Smoking and Nothing Works

• Like 3

You do it in whatever fashion you can. If you can only handle a minute at a time do that. If an hour doesn't seem that far do that.

Just breathe, stay close to the board, and reach out if you need any help. We are here if you need us.

Also don't forget to post an S.O.S. if you feel like you are going to relapse. Remember post and wait for at least 2-3 replies.

You got this!!!

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Sam :) You're no different than all the rest of us. We're all nicotine addicts who have found a way to quit. Stick around here for a lot of great support from other quitters and to read all the important information others have contributed over the years about quitting this deadly addiction. Knowledge will empower you more than you might think. There's a lot of us here who have quit cold turkey so yeah, it's doable.

Quitting is doable no matter what route you take so jump on the train and lets see what you're made of :) 

• Like 4

Welcome aboard the train Sam,

Quitting is the best thing you can do for yourself. Failed quits are the best way to learn from your mistakes and get better at recognizing the pitfalls of nicotine addiction. We as a group are all former addicts in various stages of our quit. We will help you everyway we can but it's going to also require a big commitment on your part. There are many articles and videos available to you. These will give you the knowledge to combat the addiction. Your goal as a non smoker should a much happier and healthier version of yourself. So,visit back and enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard ....

We have tons of good information here to help you on your journey ....

A fantastic Read is Allen Carr The Easy Way to Quit Smoking ....if you haven't read it ....you must ...

He has helped millions ....

We have a Daily pledge ....a great way to start your day ....

We have some newbies travelling ....so being apart of a group can be fun .....

Time to out your health first ...

• Like 3

Third time quitting was the charm for me! There was a span of about 30 years or so between the 1st and 3rd quits....a lot of damage was done during the 40+ years I spent inhaling poison sticks and I have spent the last 3 1/2 years rectifying the damage done and am extremely  lucky to still be around to do so! Watch the Joel Spitzer videos found here and read through the forums ...there is a lot of information to help you here...knowledge is power!

• Like 4

Well, if you don't know how you're going to get through it, chanced are, you won't. You wouldn't go on a road trip to a far away destination without a map would you? If you did, you'de never get there.

Same rule applies with quitting smoking. You need a plan. You can't just wing it or you'll be setting yourself up for failure.

Live and breathe on this board. Read, read and then read some more. Post a LOT. Post every day. Post 20 times a day. Whatever you have to do to learn how to quit successfully.

You can do this. Believe me, if I can quit, you can too!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, JimHannoonen said:

Well, if you don't know how you're going to get through it, chanced are, you won't. You wouldn't go on a road trip to a far away destination without a map would you? If you did, you'de never get there.

Same rule applies with quitting smoking. You need a plan. You can't just wing it or you'll be setting yourself up for failure.

Live and breathe on this board. Read, read and then read some more. Post a LOT. Post every day. Post 20 times a day. Whatever you have to do to learn how to quit successfully.

You can do this. Believe me, if I can quit, you can too!

What Jim said.  ^^^

First off, not knowing how you are going to get through quitting is a troubling sign. 

Believe that you can quit.  That is very important.  Any smoker who really wants to quit can do so.  There are plenty of ex-smokers on this site who have proven that by quitting for good.

Stick around this site.  Read all you can about nicotine addiction.  Post a lot here about your experiences, struggles, etc.  We've all been through this. 

Education about nicotine addiction and support from fellow quitters really helps.  You can get both here.

• Like 5