Papa Boo's Sing-a-Long Songs

Boo

I will learn a few lullabies in due time.  For now, I'm sticking with songs I already know by heart.  I'm not much of a singer, but my daughter only turned five weeks old today...she is not a harsh critic.  Here are a few selections, join in if you like.

Early in the mornings, I get Maddie fed and ready for the day.  We sit on the back deck and watch the sun come up.  There's a song for that...

And continuing the theme of happenings in the sky, I sing this one to my little "sunny day"...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A feeding time favorite.  I just change the lyrics around a bit so it's less about moonshine and more about drinking milk...

A little ditty for when we go for a walk...

There have been a couple of nights when things just were not going to suit the little gal.  This one comes to mind in those occasions...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's a lucky gal, we got this every summer as my mom cleaned the pool with one of us on her back to help her stay under water longer: and only the first verse lol:

• Like 5

The revised lyrics are still a work in progress, but this is a changing time favorite.  Drop a load of Maddie, and, and, aaaand, you put your poop right in here.

• Haha 4

Omg...I still frickin sing Here Comes the Sun...every morning as I throw the kids door open and flick the light till she moves.

I was also big on changing the lyrics to songs I knew....Danny Boy ...became Birdie Girl... and all the Victorian footy teams had a rework of their songs to fit whatever was happening,  screaming in the car, screaming all night, not sleeping. 

She loved my singing...until her 4th birthday where she announced to everyone..."now youse all sing me happy birthday. But not you Jo, cos chicken you sing bad".....so now I just sing out to piss her off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

And of course Bathtime with Daddy 

Sugar Britches doesn't trust me to handle bathtime with Maddie by myself.  She thinks I'll just play around and use bathtime as an excuse to introduce Maddie to whitewater fun.  I mean...I could show Maddie the basics of the eskimo roll in that little bath seat we bought for her, but it'll have to wait.  The wife's way is technically correct, but my way is a lot more fun.

And back to the music.  Here's a feel good sing-a-long that I break out when I'm just chilling out with the girl...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tipping Little Miss is gunna head to school thinking this is how the nursery rhymes go....

One of my customers little ones headed off to kinder (preschool) and the teacher asked if anyone knew Mary Had A little Lamb...so little will sticks up his hand...the teacher asks him to sing it....he looks at her and says "I can't play guitar yet, I just play drums"

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2020 at 3:33 PM, notsmokinjo said:

Tipping Little Miss is gunna head to school thinking this is how the nursery rhymes go....

Maddie has a barnyard themed playmat.  If you touch the animals they either make a noise or play a song.  Push the lamb and you get "Mary had a Little Lamb."

My first thought was: Not bad, but I like Stevie Ray's version better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Me and the little gal were playing with one of her stuffed animals last night.  I improvised a little song.

Sung to the tune of  "Here Comes Peter Cottontail."

Here comes piggy curly tail,

Waddling down the piggy trail,

He's a good pig, he's no baddie,

He just wants to play with his best friend Maddie...

I can't help but wonder if Rec would be interested in buying the publishing rights for this song.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

Thanks Doreen.  The only rolling songs I could think of were the theme song from "Rawhide" and I did a little rearrangement of a Creedence Clearwater Revival song.  I call it "Proud Maddie."

I know Limp Bizkit did some awful song called "Rollin'", but I struck that song from consideration immediately.  Part of my job as a father is to protect my daughter from terrible bands like Limp Bizkit.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not only has the little gal found her voice, she has also discovered percussion instruments.  One of her favorite things to do now is bang on a stainless steel pot with a wooden spoon.  If she ever gets her hands on a pair of cymbals and a bass drum, everybody in the county will be able to hear her.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2