Do our 2020 Quitters have a name?

On 7/22/2020 at 7:57 PM, notsmokinjo said:

So....I think @jillar or @reciprocity or @Rozuki might have the official list somewhere...but from memory...

2019...The Ashkickers

2018...The Resistance 

2017... and you'd think I knew this cos I am one

Yeah-nah...lost it...I know there were Smoke Busters...and Butt Kickers in amongst it...come on you mob help a mate out would ya. Quitting in the dying days of November a fair wack of my peers were in the The Resistance so I straddled 2 camps.

See I reckon being in a group, with a name and a badge adds something, especially when your a newbie, just finding you quit legs, waiting for your hairy quit balls to grow and drop...in your heart you know you belong but you're so wobbly you don't feel fully integrated into the rest of the pack, being part of a group gives that extra layer of community and protection. Gives you mates at ya back. Gives you an identity amongst all the established personalities.

So 2020 has been pretty crap, with the shining lights being our new Tennessee princess (i dont give a fat rat's clacker what @Boo says she's ours) and our shiney newbies and their quits.

So c okme on peeps don't let the insanity that us 2020 leave our Newbies nameless and aimless...let's get them an identity so they can fly their flag with pride and have another tool in their arsenal ...not letting their team down.

Hey, @notsmokinjo.....I don't have a list...but I was just thinking about the fact that the 2020 quitters need a name last week. Being the procrastinator that I am never got around to posting about it! PS You are a 2017 Smokebuster...Hope all is well in your corner of the world, ya blue footed boobie! 😷

Edited by Rozuki
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mona said:

NicKickers!

Freedom Force...

2 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Nicoknockers .lol...

I like these because they cover all nicotine addiction not just cigarettes 😊

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Nicoknockers .lol...

I like this but then I'll be singin Dr Nicoknocker...all the bloody time.

The Nicomeisters

Keep the suggestions coming...4 days to go...then we'll shortlist them into a poll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Nicoknockers .lol...

Doreen, they all don't have knockers🤣  Some of them have sticks!

I think this group of quitters have to be the strongest.  Quitting during the pandemic has got to be tough.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mee said:

I think this group of quitters have to be the strongest.  Quitting during the pandemic has got to be tough.  

Some of us (with age) have both knockers & sticks 😂🤣 😮

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

So we have any designers in the 2020 quitters that could create a few sample logos?

If not, @notsmokinjo made the Ashkicker logo so maybe we can sweet talk her and see if she can come up with another one for this years awesome quitters 😊

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mee said:

To be fair !!!.....I wasn,t actually thinkin of those knockers ...lol....

You know how pure and innocent I am ...

I dunno.....your minds ....

But now you come to mention it ..say no more !!!!!!🐸😁🤗

• Haha 5

So kids...Time to head to the polls....are we going for first past the post? Preferential? Or the French method...no the French method  does not involve tongues, snails or prophylactic...

First past the post....we short list the options, then the one that gets the most votes wins...in the event of a draw we would revote with just those 2 options.

Preferential...so I've worked put how to d o that here and keep voting secret....there would be a multi question poll...you would vote on your first choice, then your second, then your third...these would then be weighted and tallied...yes this is floored cos you could just vote f our y a f a 've v in each section and stack the vote for what you want...so not ideal.

French system...involves 2-3 polls....1st poll is like a pre poll...we list all the options and we vote....if there i s a clear winner (60%) of votes we get a result..if mot grey we go to poll 2....only list the top candidates from poll 1...clear list the result it's done, not clearpoll 3 with 2 options only.

What say you all?

Should we have a poll to decide how we will have a poll?

Has my brain finally jumped the shark?

• Haha 4

But with first past the post if there are 5 options and 15 people vote, all options get votes but one gets 4 votes then it's not really the majority choice cos the majority voted against....almost as flawed as the Electoral college method.

Oh....what about The Quitessentials

Cos they know how to quit in style. ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

But with first past the post if there are 5 options and 15 people vote, all options get votes but one gets 4 votes then it's not really the majority choice cos the majority voted against....almost as flawed as the Electoral college method.

Oh....what about The Quitessentials

Let's just let the Dear Leader decide.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

Maybe each 2020 quitter who wants to be involved pick their favorite and then do a poll with those names? And only the 2020 quitters get to vote since its their year..

• Like 2

Well, it's almost August, so I'm casting my vote for "Freedom Force." 

It makes me think of Yoda, "Do or do not, there is no 'try'."

How many times did I say that I was "trying" to quit smoking?

image.png

Edited by Kate18
  • Like 4