Crock Pot Recipes

Petra

Hhhmmmm....

In the end I did end up adding  a dozen shrimp... over all this was a really good meal!!

20150218_185330.jpg

Much different than I expected....

next time I will wait till the last hour to add the cashews... they tasted fine but had no crunch after all that cooking time. I was looking for the crunch!! lol

adding the fresh coconut on top at the end to serve looked really pretty but the coconut was overpowered by the other flavors so dont bother unless you are going for a look...

would I make it again??? absolutely!!!

It was simple ( other than figuring out the spice thing ). It was healthy!!! and it tasted good!!

Thanks for posting it Barb!!

haha...had to set the record straight

:)

Can't wait to try this!  I think I will try the original recipe and add the shrimp too....yum!! :yes:

I made this recently and it was really good.  I put some of the sauce from the crock pot in a bowl for dipping.

Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken

4-6 chicken breast
1 btl Sweet Baby Ray's sauce
1/4 c vinegar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
Mix everything but chicken
Place chicken in crockpot (frozen is ok)
Pour sauce mixture over chicken
Cook on low 

• Like 1

We make poached pears in the crockpot. There are different variations/recipes out there, but this is basically what we do:

http://www.spoonandsaucer.com/slow-cooker-poached-pears/

Ingredients
  • 4 pears
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • Pinch of cinnamon
  • Special equipment: Slow Cooker (I like this one and this one)

Instructions
  1. Wash, peel, cut in half and core all the pears.
  2. Toss pears, brown sugar and cinnamon together in the slow cooker.
  3. Place all pears cut side down in the slow cooker.
  4. Cover and cook on high for 90 minutes. Check the pears by sliding a knife into one of them. If it goes in and out smoothly, it's DONE!
  5. Put them in a bowl and eat. Or add ice cream and eat. No matter what, EAT them.
  • Like 1

Cooking right now is 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Beef Teriyaki with Pineapple

Ingredients
2 lbs. stew beef
1 bottle Lawry's Teriyaki marinade
20 oz pineapple tidbits, drained
Instructions
Put the beef in the slow cooker.
Pour sauce over the top.
Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Add pineapple during the last 20-30 minutes of cooking.
  • Like 2

Did you know you could make meatloaf in the slow cooker?  I made one in the Crock pot today, cooked in 4 hours :)

e891868c-3e29-488a-8bd4-5a01f3763498_zps.

• 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
  • 1/3 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
  • 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
  • 2.5 lbs of meatloaf mix (equal parts beef, pork, veal)
  • 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, minced
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of plain dry breadcrumbs
  • 1 cup of ketchup
  1. Mix chicken broth, soy sauce, and tomato paste.
  2. In a large bowl, combine with meat, parsley, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
  3. Use a fork to gently combine.
  4. Don't overwork the meat mixture as this will make the meatloaf dense.
  5. Prepare the slow cooker.
  6. Use three sheets of foil laid over each other to line the slower cooker.
  7. Fold sides of foil down to create handles you can use to remove the meatloaf from the slow cooker.
  8. Place meatloaf mixture into slow cooker and form into loaf shape.
  9. Pour ketchup over the top.
  10. Cook meatloaf until it reaches160 degrees. About 4 hours on low.
  11. Once meatloaf is cooked, remove from slow cooker using the handles of the foil.

I may have posted this before (I know for sure I just did on the What's for Dinner thread), but it is good, easy, healthy and a slow cooker recipe. :) You could also probably use pork if you wanna. :)  The recipe calls for it to be served over Angel Hair pasta, but mashed potatoes would be yummy too - especially if you use pork. :)

http://skinnyms.com/...lsamic-chicken/

Slow-Cooker-Balsamic-Chicken.jpg

• Like 1

I may have posted this before (I know for sure I just did on the What's for Dinner thread), but it is good, easy, healthy and a slow cooker recipe. :) You could also probably use pork if you wanna. :)  The recipe calls for it to be served over Angel Hair pasta, but mashed potatoes would be yummy too - especially if you use pork. :)

http://skinnyms.com/...lsamic-chicken/

Slow-Cooker-Balsamic-Chicken.jpg

making this right now in the crock pot!!  :)

Tonight I made Crock Pot Cheesy Potatoes.  I was kind of in a hurry, so I didn't follow a recipe.

I peeled & diced potatoes & threw them in the Crock Pot  at about noon with a couple of pieces of diced thick sliced ham & diced a can of mild green chilis.  Added some olive oil, salt & pepper.  stirred & left on warm.  

Came home about 3.5 hours later & added about 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.

Came home about 2 more hours later & the potatoes were not cooked through, so I turned up to high, & let them cook a bit longer.

So, technically they cooked at low for 5.5, then at high for about another hour.  

The taste was great!  I sprinkled on a little cayenne (the kids added a little salt), but the potatoes were still a bit al dente for my taste.

Next time, I'll get the potatoes in a little earlier and let them cook longer.  I still like adding the cheese toward the last part so it melts over instead of into the potatoes. 

We served with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and celery.  Adding Shredded carrots into the cooking potatoes would be YUMMY! :)

Sorry - no pic. :)