Newbies Roll Call

Nana20

I was thinking that maybe we could do a roll call each month. I can take this one and we can all just post one each month. I also figure we could do this until the last of us newbies hit our 1 year mark. So who will do this with me? Who wants to volunteer to do August? We don't have to start a new one we can just bump this one up and we can keep it in one post.

I will start this off. 

Hey guys, I am here and on day 33. I have found that the last couple of days have been tough, but then again we did just have a holiday that use to involve lots of drinking and lots of smoking. So it is no wonder why it has been a struggle the last couple of days. Plus you add the stress I am under and It is no wonder. I have stayed near the board and had a post already typed up in the SOS board in case I needed it.  But today I woke up and wasn't so irritable that I could bite someones head off and spit it out. So yeah here I am. I am on day 33 and still smoke free. 

How are Y'all?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hey all, I'm 3 months smoke free and still working at it. The cravings are slowly subsiding and trying to get into a new smoke free lifestyle. One that revolves around me being a happier and healthier version of myself.

source.gif

• Like 9

Mona here.  I'm on day 77, approaching 3 months.  I still experience triggers and smokey thoughts but they are becoming easier and easier to deal with.  I really struggled to quit so I am very happy to be on the right path.

• Like 8

That's a great idea Nana to help everyone stick together and stay focused and to exchange congrats with each other once a month :) 

There's a thread on the Celebrations page called "Post Your Milestone". Might be a good place to hold this celebration the 1st of each month because after all, each month remaining quit is a huge milestone during your 1st year and ya-all should be proud and celebrating with each other monthly for sure. 

• Like 7

I'm at 4 months or so. Just now watching YouTubes and trying to wrap my mind around bitcoins, miners, and cryptocurrency. Brain is fried and I started craving a cigarette. Time to make a cup of green tea (for all of those antioxidants). It's been a little while since my last craving. This one caught me off guard. I think stress was building because of the work of thinking hard about a new subject. My mind went to the old habit of smoking to destress. Really, the destress was moving away from the stressor, but of course the association was to smoking being the relief agent. 

So about four and a half months, and it's pretty easy to stick with it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

So glad that you were able to push through the crave and destress in a more natural and healthier way. I hope you get the hang of it fairly quickly. We are here if you need us and We will definitely celebrate your triumphs and be here for the battle.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Linda said:

I'm only on my second day and this a.m. has been pretty tough. Pround of all that are doing so well. Hope I can get there

No hope needed Linda ....positive thoughts always !!!

I WILL get there ....you can do it ...

• Like 6

On 7/19/2020 at 7:39 AM, Linda said:

I'm only on my second day and this a.m. has been pretty tough. Proud of all that are doing so well. Hope I can get there

Linda, No hope is needed as the first week is tough for everyone. We all have to go through the tough part, but I can tell you it does get easier. I am 46 days smoke-free and I still remember those early days when all I could do was take it from minute to minute. Stay close to the boards and remember that we can help you, we want to help you, we are here for your support. You just have to let us know that you need us. If you feel like you are going to cave. Come here post an S.O.S. and wait for at least 3 replies. I know in the moment it is difficult to do. But if you keep to it up the easier it will get. Welcome to the group. One of the things I did was I did a video S.O.S. and kept it in my gallery on my phone so when I had a S.O.S. moment and I needed to hear something to remind myself why I was having that moment, well that works really well. You got this and we are here if you need us.

18 hours ago, garry mhudson said:

Wonderful idea and nice to see!

Thank you, I hope to see you be apart of the group.

• Like 5

That's right @Linda, one day at a time. I just kept telling myself this too shall pass, over and over again. You're doing great and I promise it will get so much better so hang in there. Thanks for checking in  🤗

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Linda said:

Had a hard day today, but today is my fourth day of not smoking. One day at a time. Thanks for thinking of me, it means alot

Nicotine is pretty much gone from your body.

Now, the restructuring of your brain by choosing freedom over the slavery of addiction.

YOU are doing great, Linda.

There will be good days and bad days,  good hours and bad for a while.

The more you can accentuate the positive, the easier you will have it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Linda said:

Thanks for the tips and thinking of me. And congratulations on you journey to be smoke free

Each one of us here was at one time exactly where you are today Linda and we made it through to find our own personal freedom from the slavery of nicotine addiction. That's exactly where we all want to see you get to - freedom from your servitude to nicotine! 

It's possible - it's doable! Just grit your teeth if you have to in the early days and carry on to freedom! It will get easier as time goes on! Understand that quitting won't kill you but going back to the smokes likely will. That thought and other similar ones kept me motivated in the early days of my quit when the nicodemon was trying his best to lure me back to feeding my addiction.. One day at a time is how we do it. Before you know it, smoking will be a distant memory and the benefits you gain from quitting continue on for the rest of your nonsmoking life!

• Like 4