Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!! :-)

It just clicked. Lately  I've been bothered by the fact that I'm sleeping about four hours longer than usual and when I wake up I still feel dopey and tired. Once I wake up I'm fine but this is so out of the norm for me and its very unpleasant.

How many of us had that reaction to quitting? Maybe my body needs more sleep in order to heal the damage of the last 40 years!!!!

• Like 3

I experienced that when I quit smoking cold turkey 4 years ago.  I thought that I would have all this extra time because I wouldn't be taking smoke breaks.  I was disappointed to learn that I would need a lot more sleep.  In time, it got a little better but I never did go back to how I was as a smoker.  Makes sense though with nicotine being a stimulant.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, idontsmoke said:

Thanks all....yeah I am sleeping 10-11 hrs a day instead of my usual 7-8 and feel like a truck hit me when I wake up. I'm not glad you all went thru sleep changes but I'm glad I'm not alone

Oh wow, I went from sleeping 5-6 hours to sleeping 8-9 hours.  Then I normalized at about 7 hours.  You'll probably sleep less as time goes on.  zzzzzz

• Like 2

Thanks Mona, I think I will eventually. Last night I slept 8 hours....wanted to go back to sleep but made myself stay up and so far I feel okay. I'll take a nap later if I feel the need but I wanted to at least try to get back to normal. I'm glad its normalized for you.

• Like 2

I slept more during my quit.  I so welcomed it because it helped me get through the tough part.  Just go with the flow idontsmoke.  Your life will improve every day!

• Like 4

I slept more during my early quit. I was extra tired anyway, at times it was hard to keep awake, so glad to get into bed, much better than being awake and craving all the time. 

Do whatever your body tells  you, just go with the flow. Enjoy the extra rest, and or time relaxing watching a film, or listening to relaxing music.

I also liked listening to hypnotherapy on youtube, their soothing voices would send me to sleep. 

• Like 3