What a great weekend!

JohnQ

We just had a short family trip this past weekend in a small town called Wasaga Beach north of Toronto, with a very close friend's family.  It's really nothing great, just a local getaway location for people in Toronto who can't get to a real beach.

But anyway, we had a great time there, both on the beach and exploring the town, a really nice break away from the city to forget this pandemic situation.   The only minor setback was to see a lot of ignorant people who still don't seem to be aware of the social distancing rule.

Anyway, we got back last night and this morning as I was getting a cup of coffee it dawned on me that smoking never crossed my mind the whole time, there was not a trigger throughout the whole trip. 

Maybe because I was surrounded by loved ones all the times, maybe because no one I was with was a smoker, maybe I was occupied the whole weekend...  whatever it is, it was just a marvelous feeling to realize that I was essentially a non smoker for the whole weekend.  A great weekend indeed!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That's great, John, that only one month in you're feeling that way!  Take it, it's a gift!!  I'm still experiencing triggers here and there but it's not too hard to work around them.

• Like 6

I am so glad that you had a great weekend. I am so super happy that you were able to go do this weekend without any urges or craves. Whatever the reason is don't examine it to hard just enjoy the freedom... 

• Like 7

Thats great John!!! I'm still experiencing cravings now and then but boy, the first morning I woke up and didn't think about nicotine right away was a beautiful experience so I can relate to the joy you are feeling.

Its only going to get better and better. The freedom is an amazing feeling isn't it???? Good job and congrats!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...