Huh.

idontsmoke

Over a month in and I seriously considered buying cigarettes and smoking "Just a couple". I'm having some very serious challenges with some things in my personal life that are carrying over into my emotional, mental and spiritual health and I've been working very hard to live and think differently to get through to the other side of these issues. Its been a challenging fight. My thought was to stop fighting, just give in, sit down outside and smoke my brains out.

I'm glad I caught myself. Its not the answer, its the problem. I'm living to fight another day

Thank you for being here.

• Like 5

Thanks Jillar.. I rent a room in a big older house and the only place I ever vaped was outside. When the emotions hit me...thats when I have a hard time. I'm nursing a broken heart after ending a relationship (vaping was a huge thing with us....normalized it for sure) I have surgery coming up on the 17th, my fifth orthopedic surgery in two years which is just so frustrating...maintaining my sobriety while lonely in quarantine...being in recovery from addiction means pain meds after surgery are VERY SCARY and I'm doing all this during a pandemic LOL When I think of it that way its no wonder I'm squirrely. But on the plus side I'm pulling the band aid off all at once. I'll heal. The last thing I want to do is give up my quit. But I still need to talk about it when these thoughts come

• Like 5

*laces up steel toed ass kicking boots

Hey guess what???? I bought a recliner for my room in anticipation of my shoulder surgery...i have to be comfy! Anyway MY SAVINGS FROM NOT VAPING PAID FOR IT mwahaha. I just realized that when I looked at my ticker

• Like 6

Oh yes, of course you need to talk about it, that's a lot on your plate! The good news with your upcoming surgery is that you will heal so much quicker now that your circulation has improved. That's one of the first things to get back as I'm sure you've probably noticed by now :) 

You are doing so well Michelle, vaping will only put you right back to square one and we all know that's NOT where we want to go! Why not take a long hot bath or make yourself something to eat. Both things I'm sure you did smoke free right?

• Like 5

Late again ....due to sleep time ...

So glad you didn't go buy cigarettes.....

You would have been right back where you were before your quit ..............wanting to be smoke free...

Guess what ........you are ...your free ...

• Like 4

Hi Michelle,

I'm just getting caught up and so glad to see you pulled through the trigger.  I can feel that you're a strong fighter and you won't give in to the Nicotine monster.  

I don't mean to sound condescending but I'm proud of you Michelle, way to go!

force.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnQ said:

Hi Michelle,

I'm just getting caught up and so glad to see you pulled through the trigger.  I can feel that you're a strong fighter and you won't give in to the Nicotine monster.  

I don't mean to sound condescending but I'm proud of you Michelle, way to go!

force.gif

Thank you John! No that does not sound condescending at all. ❤️  And I love the gif LOL

• Like 3