Tough Day

Nana20

Well even at 30 days I am getting a tough day. Gonna have to stay extra vigilant today. Woke up just extremely irritable today. it seems everything is setting me off. I am snappy and just generally in a pissed off mood. I feel like I did in the beginning of my quit today and I am not liking that one bit. I don't want to say I am at S.O.S. stage because I don't think I am right at the moment, but I could easily see an S.O.S. moment happening if people don't leave me alone today and just stay out of my way. Probably will lurk and not give advice or encouragement today as I don't think my advice would be warranted. Because my advice to myself is "GROW THE F*** UP!!!! You got yourself in this mess so get over yourself. Chant N.O.P.E. all day long if you have to, but GROW THE F*** UP!!!!!" that is the type of advice I would give. It would probably be mean and just ugly.... Truthful, but ugly and not wrapped in a pretty bow either. See I am over the top, but I can't seem to stop.

• Like 1

Hey @Nana20! Trust me this WILL pass. You're doing the right things by remaining on guard and chanting NOPE all day long if need be. The good news is these days, although we still have them occasionally even after a month, don't come nearly as often and I know in my case I would say I didn't have any more really tough days after about 6 weeks into my quit. 

Hang in there, try to get as much alone time if others are setting you off and practice some deep breathing to help with the anxiousness/irritability. Try to focus on the good things you've seen over this past month and give yourself some credit for a job well done! :)  1 Month quit is a super important milestone! If you can do that first month then a year is now well within your sights!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 5

Coming here to rant is the best thing you can do!

We totally understand & nobody gets hurt.

Hope you can find some distractions, glad you are here reading and yes please do some deep breathing exercises (it's a great habit to get into).

KTQ

• Like 6

Hey nana, sorry you're having a rough day today. Those hard days really suck but you've got past them before so you will today too! Yell at the kids, march down the street in your jammies (hee,hee), whatever it takes to help.

Another thing I did on a bad crave day was do something that you've never smoked doing. I never smoked in my car so I would take a short drive and as soon as I got in the car the crave would disappear. 

Today is your one month anniversary, tell your family that you want to celebrate, and focus on all the positives you're already seeing. Happy anniversary and we'll be here if you need us 😊

• Like 4

I'm sorry that you are having a bad day, Nana, but coming here was a good idea.  Smoking will not make anything better  - it will just make things far worse.

You are doing great to have your first month smoke free.  Bad days will come but nothing is worth throwing your quit away.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Nana20 said:

Well even at 30 days I am getting a tough day. Gonna have to stay extra vigilant today. Woke up just extremely irritable today. it seems everything is setting me off. I am snappy and just generally in a pissed off mood. I feel like I did in the beginning of my quit today and I am not liking that one bit. I don't want to say I am at S.O.S. stage because I don't think I am right at the moment, but I could easily see an S.O.S. moment happening if people don't leave me alone today and just stay out of my way. Probably will lurk and not give advice or encouragement today as I don't think my advice would be warranted. Because my advice to myself is "GROW THE F*** UP!!!! You got yourself in this mess so get over yourself. Chant N.O.P.E. all day long if you have to, but GROW THE F*** UP!!!!!" that is the type of advice I would give. It would probably be mean and just ugly.... Truthful, but ugly and not wrapped in a pretty bow either. See I am over the top, but I can't seem to stop.

Nana20,

I have moments like this and I haven't even thought about lighting up a cigarette in years. Your advice - it sounds like that is the advice that you're giving yourself right now...a little tough love to yourself. :)

This has nothing to do with smoking or not smoking and everything to do with being human and just having a mood.

• Like 5

Change all your negatives into positives ....

Do some pleasant things ...spoil yourself ...nice soak in the bath with candles ...or..

Not shower ...with some nice smelling shower gel ....

It will pass.....as long as you dont  smoke ,it would only make you feel worse ...

• Like 4

Thank you everyone. I am feeling better now. I took a shower ate some breakfast I just took some me time and just breathed. Just so everyone knows I did not smoke a cigarette. I am just taking it a hour at a time today. a breathing easy.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Nana20 said:

Thank you everyone. I am feeling better now. I took a shower ate some breakfast I just took some me time and just breathed. Just so everyone knows I did not smoke a cigarette. I am just taking it a hour at a time today. a breathing easy.

Nana,

your morning flip could have easily been caused by Hunger.

Remember H A L T

are you Hungry, Angry, Lonesome, Tired

Riffing on H A L T

• Like 1