Succulent Plants!!!!

Doreensfree

What kind of plants?

I'm growing a bunch of catnip in containers this year. They are flowering already so I gotta prune them back so I get a second flowering before winter.

Will be a happy winter for the cats this year 🥴

Be aware of the plants sunlight requirements and plant them in a spot appropriate to their sunlight needs (full/partial/shade). Also know their watering requirements. Plants in containers will need more frequent watering than those in the ground. Sun exposure and weather will also determine watering needs. It's been pushing mid 40's here this past week or so. I've been watering twice daily for plants getting full sun. Had to move my catnip plants as the leaves were wilting from too much heat & sun. Move to a shadier spot and they've perked back up today.

I'm sure the real gardeners here will give you lots more info. Knowing what plant(s) you have will help though.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2

Yes, they should be super easy to grow. I love succulents because they store water in their leaves so you don't have to water them as often and can actually overwater them if they don't have proper root drainage. Super easy to grow though, I think you'll really like them :) 

• Like 3

Not familiar with that plant but looks nice :) If you're planting in a container (pot) just make sure you have an appropriate size pot (likely 4-6 " diameter pot or larger). Use potting soil not regular dirt from your garden and make sure the pot has proper drainage as in a hole in the bottom for drainage and you can also put some small rocks or stones in the bottom of the pot to help water drain. You don't want root-rot. In terms of fertilizing, you can look that up to see if it's recommended for that plant in particular and when to fertilize it. Plants often come with a little plastic card like thing stuck in the pot they are sold in. There's a lot of useful info. printed on those as well.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 3

For sure, replant them in a bigger container when you get all that stuff together. They'll last in the pot they came in for a while. Just make sure you water when they get dry and give them some sunlight if you're keeping them indoors initially. You do get sun over there in England occasionally right 😂

Like a lot of things, google is your friend. You can learn a lot of care tips by reading up on that plant in particular. Good luck with it :) 

Here's some of the stuff we've been growing this year :) 

Catnip plants in containers. They were just a tiny stem and two tiny leaves 6 weeks ago. Now they're flowering :)

DSCF2600.JPG.8264b9c58b55b5ef56b7b14ba33dfc46.JPG

DSCF2601.JPG.97aee0581311c811169164fed7e54469.JPG

Clematises are doing well too!

DSCF2602.JPG.763f6c3f3aef84e11ec5a68564a7fde8.JPG

Not even sure what these are but they're nice to look at 😍

DSCF2603.JPG.14e725ea7ad5cce80610b9dd4ab2d35d.JPG

Then there's container grown strawberries. Looks like harvest time is soon?

DSCF2604.JPG.918133548eb6fb66f741295630884810.JPG

And of course the obligatory hanging basket lol!

DSCF2605.JPG.4385266cdb303653a25f274b4c92f4b3.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1