Baby Zoey arrived.... its been a rough week

joe

I am on my phone so I can't post any pics yet. Baby Zoey arrived Monday morning around 10:30am..She is fine. My daughter Jenni however has had a fight on her hands. The short story is that she had major hemorrhaging and had to be Life flighted (air ambulance) to a larger hospital. They have all the bleeding finally stopped. Has a surgery scheduled to remove a huge blood clot (20cmX20cm) in her abdomen.... Not out of the woods but doing better.

Have a few minutes, and want to thank everyone for their well wishes..it means alot !  Baby Zoey will be spending her first nite with Mom tonight. Jenni was released from ICU and has her own room The nurses said that as long as Jenni isn't left alone with the baby, she can stay...we will all be taking turns staying with Jen so Zoey and her can be together  :) Jenni still may have to undergo another surgery..yesterday they tried to drain the blood clot and wasn't happy with the (small) amount that they were able to get out (maybe a 10th of it)..they didnt say this, just a gut feeling I am having, but I think they just tried that to help make her a little more comfortable while she gets her strength back ...when she does, I expect they will have to remove it...its much too big for the body to absorb... Here is a pic I grabbed off my wifes FB page that she posted...i still havent uploaded any..

10378094_881187115230902_667731433179880

and...on another note..some of you may remember my sister Amey...she is having her surgery today. They were not able to  do the less invasive surgery (4 small holes and a scope)..they hoped to, but it didn't work out, so they had to cut her and remove part of 2 ribs and took the top lobe of her lung. All the tests that they ran afterwards came back negative for cancer...which means they are pretty confident they got it all...I am sure she will still have a round or 2 of chemo, but hopefully they worst is behind her. The surgery was near Washington DC, and I had every intention to be there with her, but my own crisis popped up...I think she understood.  Last I heard (a few hours ago) she was out of recovery and in CCU.....this week needs to end  :(

• Like 2

Joe what an adorable picture and sorry again to hear of your daughter but she is in a good place and sounds like they are doing a grand job and my prayers go to amey 

at the end of all this you are going to have an increased happy family - stay positive joe Im sending you strength my friend xxxxx

• Like 1

Just a quick update...My daughter Jenni is home..although she is moving extremely slow and still on pain meds...its a good thing she has plenty of sisters and a teenage daughter to help... (along with Mom and Dad :) )..the sisters are ecstatic! I posted a few pics in the "off the record" forum for anyone interested...

Also, I havent heard anything yet today (Monday) but as of yesterday, my sister Amey was recovering from her surgery...the were not able to  to preform the less invasive surgery ...making 4 small incisions and using a scope...instead they had to remove part of 2 ribs and go in from the side....she is doing fine...they say they got all the cancer and everything else they tested  came back negative for any cancer cells....all good news. The surgery was Friday, and as of Sunday she was felling pretty good...not much pain...sitting up and drinking her coffee...she is a fighter

All prayers and well wishes for my family was seriously appreciated !

Its been a rough week, but hopefully now , we can all start to concentrate on the positives!

Thanks again to everyone here.!!

• Like 2

arghhhhhh sorry I am just seeing this.....

Zoey is absolutely gorgeous.. what a very pretty little girl!!! Congrats Joe and family!!

I am praying for your daughters recovery, that doesnt sound fun at all, extremely scary.. she has my prayers and thoughts...

thanks for the updates  you are swamped with the girlies.... but then again.. we rock :)