Deep breaths

Hey everyone good morning! I've had this on prior quits but I dont remember how long it lasted. Several times an hour I feel the urge to take a really deep breath. Early in this quit it was easy to catch that nice deep delicious breath everytime I tried. But slowly it became more frequent a need and sometimes kind of hard to get that deep breath. Anyone else?

I don't per-say that I have experienced that, but I have noticed as I get closer to the one month mark I get sporadic urges, that are really intense. I know they are there. I know they will go away, but in the moment I am like WTF why is that urge so intense. But like I said those aren't every hour like they use to be, just one every once in awhile. Other than not being able to take a satisfying deep breath how are you doing? I have my one month follow up with my doctor today, so we will see how that goes. I hope you are doing okay. I am hanging in there and I think I am kicking butt, and taking names why I am at hanging in there. LOL 

• Like 3

Hi Michelle, I've got COPD so not the best person to answer that but whenever you have a concern about your health please ask your Dr. We can offer support and our own experiences but we aren't drs so it's best to bring your concerns to them, you're doing great and I'm really happy to see you one month quit! :) 

• Like 2

I had something similar to those sensations early on, especially when I had the urge to smoke.  I would just deeply inhale air and hold it in, like I was smoking, but without the cigarette.  It was a weird, spontaneous thing but I didn't get to the point of not being able to get that deep breath. 

I agree with Jillar, if you are concerned, definitely ask your doctor.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, idontsmoke said:

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely going to ask my doc. I have an appointment Monday. Other than that I'm doing fabulous. Cravings side I am so grateful I'm doing this. It's bliss

And it means a much healthier future not to mention freedom! How long has nicotine addiction controlled you every day? I can't tell you how much better it is when that is no longer the case :) 

• Like 4

Being able to take a deep breath, a lungful of air, without coughing was something new for me that I really enjoyed.

You're doing the right thing by going to your Dr.  Not smoking will definitely give you benefits.

• Like 3

Hi idontsmoke! I would say definitely see a doctor if you are having breathing problems. Congratulations on quitting nicotine and sticking to your quit! The cravings will ease up the longer you don't use nicotine.  I am working toward 6 months and have some days where I don't even think about smoking once. But at 3 weeks I had all kinds of cravings!  Just stick around, keep posting and reading, and keep renewing your promise to yourself to stay off nicotine. Keep up the great work! You deserve to breathe!

• Like 1