Interesting analysis

JohnQ

Sorry, I think he's full of s**t.  By using the patch, I had almost no physical withdrawal.  Often, I would forget to change my patch after 24 hours and would end up wearing the same patch for about 36 hours.  This is when I would notice the effects of the patch wearing off...I could actually feel it happening.  Prior to using the patch, I tried to quit cold turkey many times, all with the same withdrawal symptoms...anxiety, depression, insomia, out-of-control emotions e.g. crying spells...and on and on and on.  What he says may be true for some people but for sure not for me!

I thought it was a great video except for needing hypnosis. I only say this because years ago I tried it and it did work, for about 12 hours, and I was smoking again. Why? Because I wasn't ready to quit. Once you're ready to quit people it gets a lot easier to keep your quit at any cost. Not saying it will always be easy, my first year sucked, but it had to be done. And I'm just lucky to have been able to find a bunch of others who had successfully quit or were quitting to help guide me just like we will do here.

His take on caffeine and sugar I thought was spot on. That's why we always say to stock up on sweets when you quit. And my coffee consumption instantly went down to at most a cup a day since quitting.

• Like 2

I think his analysis about caffeine/coffee intake and blood sugar level make sense.  I've been working from home during this quit, I have a light breakfast every morning instead of smoking, I also have reduced the number of coffees and I did find the withdrawal symptoms and cravings this time very mild compares to previous quits.

However I don't agree with him about every quit is the same, and I believe his analysis is only true for a portion of the Nicotine withdrawals, not entirely accurate.  Just an interesting perspective on Nicotine withdrawal, but whatever works for people to quit is still good.  

• Like 1

Yeah, all these drugs (nicotine, caffeine) alter our brain chemistry so when you add or subtract one of those drugs to your system, it's bound to have an effect on the others that you are still using. Adjustment all around is required. Just a matter of finding the right mix for you.

• Like 3

I tried Hypnosis too..on one of my many many many attempts to quit ....and failed...

I'm all for... each to thier own ...all road leads to Rome ....

If it helps some people ...then very well....

But if your like me and youv,e paid that person a ton of money for a few sessions ,and your still smoking .

It can be frustrating...

And the end of the day it boils down to Never Take Another Puff !!!

Quitting never altered my coffee consumption....I love my coffee.....

• Like 2

Guided hypnosis will never work for me,

I resist the hypnotist, I don't want them in my brain and refuse them any access.

But,  I use the techniques of self-hypnosis in many ways.

It is a useful tool for me.

A few issues here

(these vids were a huge influence in my quit)

What Withdrawals Should I Expect From Quitting Smoking

What Is Nicotine Withdrawal Really Like   

Were You Addicted

Minimizing The Most Common Side Effects To Quitting Smoking

Every Quit Is Different

and

Possible Changes In Caffeine Tolerance