Still Here, Still Smoke free!!!

Nana20

Hello, everyone I am still here lurking and reading. I make sure I come here everyday to pledge nope for the day. Then I check it periodically throughout the day. 

I  am still smoke free. I Haven't had a cigarette in 11 days. I have been keeping busy cleaning our the house and car. Going fishing, and hanging out with family and friends. Dealing with everyone and everything. Like I said I am coming here when I need to, sometimes reading, sometime posting on my blog or on the forum. Just wanted to let people know I am okay.

• Like 15

Great job Nana20! Stay focused and engaged with your quit and do whatever you have to do to stay on track. You're still in the thick of things but it will begin to get easier the longer you stay away from having a smoke. Trust in the process - it works for everyone.

• Like 6

Good morning everyone. First I want to say thank you for all the support yesterday it really does help and it does make a difference. I promised a longer post so here it is.I think the last time I actually posted was like last Thursday, now I have been commenting on threads and stuff, but I have felt kinda just quiet feeling. Like I have the peace on the outside and sometimes a war going on inside. I know that now all my physical withdrawal is over with. I know that the battle I am fighting right now is a mental and emotional battle. I have done a lot of nature things in the last week in a half. and thus have done a lot of thinking. And I don't mean romanticizing a cigarette. I mean I have been doing a lot of thinking about who I am, what I like, and don't like. How smoking cigarettes has changed me. Then I read. I read post like "Does Brain Ever Recover From Nicotine" wandering if our brains could ever recover to the way it was before we smoked. I was reading some of the answer and some of them ranged from no not really to glimpses. I don't know about you, but I started smoking when I was 15, and having my brain go back there is a big NO. But who would want to. Yeah most of our teenage selves made really big stupid life changing decision when we decided we wanted to smoke those first few cigs, but would I change anything else about my life no. And I do believe smoking has held me back in so many ways, but I would not be me if I did go back and change it.  and "Rip the Patch off" where we all rallied behind Mona and encouraged her to take the patch off and leave it off. We encouraged her by being there and hearing her fears and telling her that we are here to catch her if she let us be. That is truly amazing. So to all of you that are wonderful and generous with your time, words of wisdom, and your compassion. Thank you. 

Edited by Nana20
correct some mis-spelled words
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, Nana20 said:

Good morning everyone. First I want to say thank you for all the support yesterday it really does help and it does make a difference. I promised a longer post so here it is.I think the last time I actually posted was like last Thursday, now I have been commenting on threads and stuff, but I have felt kinda just quiet feeling. Like I have the peace on the outside and sometimes a war going on inside. I know that now all my physical withdrawal is over with. I know that the battle I am fighting right now is a mental and emotional battle. I have done a lot of nature things in the last week in a half. and thus have done a lot of thinking. And I don't mean romanticizing a cigarette. I mean I have been doing a lot of thinking about who I am, what I like, and don't like. How smoking cigarettes has changed me. Then I read. I read post like "Does Brain Ever Recover From Nicotine" wandering if our brains could ever recover to the way it was before we smoked. I was reading some of the answer and some of them ranged from no not really to glimpses. I don't know about you, but I started smoking when I was 15, and having my brain go back there is a big NO. But who would want to. Yeah most of our teenage selves made really big stupid life changing decision when we decided we wanted to smoke those first few cigs, but would I change anything else about my life no. And I do believe smoking has held me back in so many ways, but I would not be me if I did go back and change it.  and "Rip the Patch off" where we all rallied behind Mona and encouraged her to take the patch off and leave it off. We encouraged her by being there and hearing her fears and telling her that we are here to catch her if she let us be. That is truly amazing. So to all of you that are wonderful and generous with your time, words of wisdom, and your compassion. Thank you. 

You are a beacon of light, Nana.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

You are a beacon of light, Nana.

I appreciate that you think that, but I'm really not. I mean I am in the trenches right along with all the other newbies. I am just sharing some of the ramblings that are going through my head. Things I am starting to realize. Things that have all aided in many failed quits. And to be honest this quit is only as good as the very present. We all have to stay vigilant and on our guard. Yes when you are freshly quit, you are more susceptible to relapses and slips. but if you think about someone who has been quit for years can have a relapse to. So I think our quits are as good as the last completed minute smoke free. Because the next minute is not guaranteed. We are all in this together, we just have to continue the fight. the longer you are quit the easier it is, but a ongoing  battle nonetheless.

Edited by Nana20
  • Like 6

I love reading your ramblings, Nana, so as long as they are helping you, please keep them coming.  Your comment "And I do believe smoking has held me back in so many ways..." really hits home.  I do believe that smoking is one of, if not the, biggest mistake of my life.  But that is the past and that is where it will be left.  Onward to our smoke free futures!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Nana20 said:

I am just sharing some of the ramblings that are going through my head. Things I am starting to realize. Things that have all aided in many failed quits

because of you sharing this and more serves as the beacon.

There are many eyes out there/in here

and your voice will resonate with many.

Thank you for sharing your quit with us, Nana.

• Like 4

Nana,

You are crushing this quit. By posting in these forums you're not only helping you but also others. They way I figure it. Everytime I post with any advice or congratulatory remarks I believe it helps encourage others with their current quit or help to start a quit. As long as I help at least one or more people with this I am happy. Quitting is something that you do for yourself but if you can influence anyone positively then we all win. So,  stay safe, make smart choices and always remember to Nope.

• Like 4