Ripped the Patch Off!

Mona

I was scheduled to finish an 8-week program with the patch this Wednesday, 06/17.  I decided to start early because if I face withdrawal, I don't want the worst days to be on the weekend.  So I ripped the patch off yesterday at noon.  I have one day and almost three hours patch-free.  I feel pretty good so maybe it's going to be a non-event.  Fingers crossed!!!

Edited by Mona
typo
  • Like 8

Let me go find the band.

I am so happy for you, Mona !

Throughout our lives we may have triggers or urges or thoughts about nicotine

but, we now know how to NOPE our ways through them.

That is all it is, vigilance and maintenance.

You are a FREE person now.  FREE.  FREE.   FREE.

Celebrate wildly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You can do this Mona. Just remember to take a deep breath I like to sound out NOPE for each half. I think that is why it works. Because as we repeat it whether we say NOPE or we say Not One Puff Ever. We take back control and those urges and craves will become less and less. Most times I don't even acknowledge the craves/urges, 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm betting you'll be more that just fine @Mona! It's obvious you are taking this quit attempt really seriously. You are really engaged and committed to this quit and your level of activity on the forum here shows that. Even just playing games on the game page here seems to really help people keep focused on their quit. You're doing a bang up job Mona. Keep it up! Feel the pride in accomplishment build with each passing day :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mona said:

As of noon today, 3 days nicotine free!  Yay!!

tenor-21.gif

(Love that picture Doreen!  lol)

Let's toast to your freedom from Nicotine

toast.gif

• Like 3