The Pineapple Pizza Poll

notsmokinjo

Pineapple Pizza Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Does pineapple belong on pizza?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/27/20 at 04:08 PM

It's a simple yes or no peeps...

There is no denying pineapple is the greatest fruit on earth, even better than mangos but does it belong on pizza? Personally I  don't give a fat rats clacker cos pizza is an abomination from the foulest depths of hell but let's see what the people think.

Edited by notsmokinjo
Auto-incorrect
  • Like 3

Love Pizza with or without.

Gotta have the right combination of toppings for Pineapple to get the nod though but when the toppings are right, hell yes, Pineapple is great :) 

770040098_PizzaPineapple.gif.7cc5a1157b93a504559c084b40d9660c.gif

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2

Did you know the "hawaiian" pizza was bought to us by Canada.

We even have an Aussie Pizza, and it doesn't even have beetroot...Nope it has the shredded ham, rashes of bacon and whole eggs cracked on it. 

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Wow! Beetroot & Eggs???

Beetroot and eggs on an Aussie burger but only eggs on an Aussie Pizza.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5lZgirvu-L3Xkd3vkhdT

I have seen beetroot, baby spinach and goats cheese on a pizza menu before...still didnt want any.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

How did I miss this ??????

Specially as it's about food .....

Oh Yes ..I love pineapple......yum !!!

Here's another place where Pineapple is a must! Bacon Wrapped Scallops. Adds a bit of sweetness and helps keep them from drying out during cooking. They are to die for 😍 I'll try and remember to take some pics next time I make them - Yummy, Yummy!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

Here's another place where Pineapple is a must! Bacon Wrapped Scallops. Adds a bit of sweetness and helps keep them from drying out during cooking. They are to die for 😍 I'll try and remember to take some pics next time I make them - Yummy, Yummy!!

I think I might need the recipe to this ...to go with a yummy pic.!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reciprocity said:

And yet another is bacon wrapped pineapple on the bbq. YUm, yum! 

IMG_2855.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

And yet another is bacon wrapped pineapple on the bbq. YUm, yum! 

IMG_2855.jpg

OK .... Shite!!! Now, I'm gonna have to try that one too 😍

We can probably safely say .... Everything tastes better with Bacon and/or Pineapple.

The 2 together is a perfect taste-bud storm 👍

Salivating.gif.a4ac43d6e28288144b840a4b4739817b.gif

• Like 2

.  So z,  ds n

On 6/24/2020 at 5:32 AM, reciprocity said:

Recipe please! Have been buying big Canadian scallops for the kid once a week and looking for something different to do.

Will defo give Jill's bacon wrapped pineapple a whirl on the barbie...filipino style pineapple joice pork spare ribs are aeesome on the barbie.

Oh any you mob tried a pineapple ring with an egg cracked into the middle on the barbie? Frickin awesome.

So @reciprocity I just notice that I didn't set an end date, so off to fix that now....let's give it to this satdee arvo. 

31 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

.  So z,  ds n

Recipe please! Have been buying big Canadian scallops for the kid once a week and looking for something different to do.

It's simple but prep time is a bit harsh 😣

I use canned pineapple chunks. But if you have fresh pineapple, that'll work too (even better taste)!

So; 1 scallop (small one or if you have big sea scallops, cut it in half); place two pineapple slices with the scallop, one on top and one on the bottom - about 1 cm thick and as long as your scallop roughly. Wrap that all with a piece of bacon* - smallish scallop will require a 1/2 slice of bacon (regular sliced bacon - not peameal or Canadian bacon). Secure the wrapped scallop & pineapple using a toothpick (or 2?). I just sprinkle with a little pepper and salt before cooking. If you wanna go full-metal Canadian, brush with real maple syrup once they're cooked and out from under the broiler. Not necessary IMO. Place your wrapped bits of heaven on a wire rack in a baking sheet lined with foil wrap for easy clean-up. Put in the over on Broil. 5 -6 mins. then pull it out and turn the pieces over and broil for another 5 mins. Serve immediately and try to get your share before others gobble them all up! Let the bacon fat rendered from the bacon coagulate in the foil lined pan for a few hours then remove the foil and toss it - very easy clean up.

* Some people will precook their bacon a bit before wrapping the scallops/pineapple combo. I don't because I prefer mine more under-cooked than really crispy. It's a personal choice which way you go on that. Mine end up with some blackened edges but the inner layers of bacon are more chewy than crispy. Personal preference which way to go with that.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 1

What kinda bacon?...what's Canadian bacon?...

So my bacon options down under are plentiful but I don't get your northern terms. This is bacon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRLPr8wtG5PPs2PnxVyPw

If ya cut the round bit off you get the other two main types...short cut (the round bit) and streaky (the long tail but).

Do you mean streaky bacon?