Wahoo!!!

Great job on tossing out the vapes @idontsmoke

That ticker is a bit tricky.  I think the info is here

https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/

If the info on that link doesn't help, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about tickers will chime in soon. 

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 6

Good decision to ditch the vape @idontsmoke. I put your ticker in your signature. You almost had it, you just needed to scroll down lower and you would have seen the signature box. You had put it in your about me.

Anyway now ya know 😊

• Like 6

Vape ditched, ticker's in place .... it IS getting real!

Quitting is a roller coaster. One day up, one day down. The up days become more than the down days in short order so just endure those down days. Those tough days won't kill you but going back to smoking will! 

• Like 7

I second what reciprocity said. Great job quitting nicotine, idontsmoke! Stay the course through the first week. It gets easier after that. For me, day six was the humdinger.  Welcome!!

• Like 6

Thank you jilar for fixing my ticker! And thanks everyone else for all the love! I had MONSTER cravings when I woke up but I'm staying committed. First thing in the morning is the hardest, and I knew this going in. Cravings are tough but I'm tougher. The weird thing is the Chantix took the cravings away and caused me to feel kind of disinterested in vaping. Now that I've quit the cravings have come back!

• Like 5

Did you take the chantix as recommended @idontsmoke? I believe it's three month. It worked really good for me and I quit for three weeks on it and thought I could stop taking it. Wrong! I pretty instantly went back to smoking. 

• Like 5

Congratulations @idontsmoke for putting down the vape. You got this. Just remember to breath, and to come here if you need encouragement. I come here even when I am bored so I can read and get knowledge. Also it lets me be here and I can encourage others as well.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, idontsmoke said:

Thank you jilar for fixing my ticker! And thanks everyone else for all the love! I had MONSTER cravings when I woke up but I'm staying committed. First thing in the morning is the hardest, and I knew this going in. Cravings are tough but I'm tougher. The weird thing is the Chantix took the cravings away and caused me to feel kind of disinterested in vaping. Now that I've quit the cravings have come back!

Change your morning routine ...if you had a coffee and a puff....first thing ...change it ..

Take a nice shower first ..drink fresh orange ...this is what I did and it helped ...

Your doing great...

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, idontsmoke said:

TY NANA!!! Congrats to you too! You're on Day 6, right? You rockstar!!!

Yes I am on Day 6 and like I am doing the Chantix, so if you ever need to compare notes. I am here. Are you having any nausea with the Chantix, I know I do if I don't eat enough or drink enough I am like please bring me more food, more drink.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Change your morning routine ...if you had a coffee and a puff....first thing ...change it ..

Take a nice shower first ..drink fresh orange ...this is what I did and it helped ...

Your doing great...

Thanks Doreen! Great advice...its good to know I'm on the right track because usually I go downstairs, use the Keurig to make my coffee then take it out on the porch to vape. A few weeks ago I started making coffee in my room with a regular pot first and didnt go down to vape for at least an hour. So now that I'm not vaping at all, but broke my old routine (downstairs + keurig then vape) it has been ok once I'm all the way awake....its those moments right after i wake up before I open my eyes that are the hardest when my brain tries as hard as it can to kill me LOL. It will stop....it always does...Thank you again for all your support!

2 hours ago, Nana20 said:

Yes I am on Day 6 and like I am doing the Chantix, so if you ever need to compare notes. I am here. Are you having any nausea with the Chantix, I know I do if I don't eat enough or drink enough I am like please bring me more food, more drink.

Chantix has been a lifesaver for me. I haven't had any side effects at all....been on it for a month.  The only weirdness I've noticed is that the reason I quit when I did was because the Chantix was working: I didn't have physical cravings, and even the mental cravings had eased. Now that I've actually quit I'm having cravings LOL. how has it been for you? How long have you been on it, and what side effects have you had if any?

• Like 3

Michelle, you still are going to have cravings no matter what NRT you use. Especially the first three days after giving up smoking or vaping. Think of  your mind as that two year old who isn't getting her way. She's throwing a tantrum and wants her toy. You as the adult aren't going to give in to this toddler wanting her way or else she's just going to keep throwing tantrums because she knows it works right?!

Keep fighting them off because each time you do they get weaker and you get stronger 😊

• Like 3

That is a lot of phenomenal advice that you just got. I don't think there is anything that I would add. Except, remember you're now a non smoker. Everything going forward revolves around the choices you make regarding your quit. Work through one urge or craving at a time. Take deep breaths or drink some water when urges happen. Have you made a list of all the reasons why you want to be a non smoker. If so, keep a copy with you at all times for when you have a tough craving or urger to remind you why you quit. Also, read your list every morning and evening to help you gain confidence. So, stay safe, make smart choices and always remember to Nope.

• Like 3

Welcome! I'm glad you are back on the forum! You will Celebrate your first week smoke free in just a little while. I quit once about ten years ago using Chantix. It was my longest quit yet, 4 months and a week. I used the Chantix for the first month at the starter dosage. I couldn't increase the dosage as the doctor wanted because of side effects. I wish you luck with it! I know people who have had solid quits using it as directed. Please remember that the Chantix may help you in dealing with the cravings and urges now, but you will still need to build a solid quit in order to make it stick when the Chantix is gone. Work on that toolbox of knowledge you'll need in the future.

The changing your routine advice is good advice. Sometimes when the cravings hit me hard I get up and go somewhere else, or I do something else. Most of the time there is a trigger involved and changing my routine disrupts that trigger.

You can do this!

Jeff

• Like 3