Sport Movies

notsmokinjo

So I  thought we had this thread some where but cant fgind it f or want of looking...

Normally I'd ask ya top 5 but I have a top 25 ... it's kinda one of me fave genres....but seriously, I swear I'm a chick...

What sport movies to you love...what do y on recommend...oh and everything I know about some sports I learnt from movies.

• Like 1

Bull Durham

Major League
Caddyshack

Any Given Sunday

Bad News Bears  (the original 1970's one with Walter Matthau...quite politically incorrect)

These are just a few that immediately came to mind.  I'm not saying the are the best but they are entertaining.

• Like 2

Seen em all

Remember the Titans

Impossible

A League of THEIR Own

The Replacements

Phar Lap

Seabiscuit

The Cup

Bled for This

Coolingatta Gold

The Club

Friday Night Lights

We Are Marshall

Hoosiers

Youngblood

Invictus 

I'm trying to remember a recent baseball movie with a number as the name...oh and the one about the baseball team that got done for throwing games.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 6:19 AM, notsmokinjo said:

I'm trying to remember a recent baseball movie with a number as the name...oh and the one about the baseball team that got done for throwing games.

"Eight Men Out" was the movie about the 1919 Chicago Black Sox scandal.

"42" was a biographical movie about Jackie Robinson.  I watched them film certain parts of that movie in Chattanooga.  They came in and remade the old Engel Stadium to look like Ebbets Field.  It was interesting to see what all goes into the process of filming a scene for a movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...