See Ya Later

Boo

In my time here on the Quit Train, I've seen some folks just disappear from the site.  No explanation, they were here and all of a sudden we never saw them again.  That always leaves some with questions.

I'm not saying goodbye, just giving a see ya later.  I have no plans to get off of the Quit Train, I just might be a little longer between stops.

The birth of my daughter is just weeks away now.

The work schedule is busy.

I've got some irons in the fire right now.  It's all good, but time is at a premium.

I will make it a point to check in when possible.  I will make a birth announcement when my baby girl makes her debut.  And then make appearances from time-to-time to dote on my beautiful, sweet, and perfect little girl.  Might as well prepare yourself for proud papa Boo now.  I'll be overflowing with emotions and things could get saccharine sweet.

Stay smoke-free, it's the right thing to do.  Remember to keep it simple.  Take care of yourselves.

I will see y'all around...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Totally understand boo but we sure will miss you! Take care and I'll be looking forward to your visits and thanks for all the fun and support you give everyone 🤗

tenor.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good luck with everything. I can't wait to see the pictures of your new baby girl. It's been a pleasure getting to know you and thank you for all the support. We will miss having you around.

tenor.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boo said:

In my time here on the Quit Train, I've seen some folks just disappear from the site.  No explanation, they were here and all of a sudden we never saw them again.  That always leaves some with questions.

I'm not saying goodbye, just giving a see ya later.  I have no plans to get off of the Quit Train, I just might be a little longer between stops.

The birth of my daughter is just weeks away now.

The work schedule is busy.

I've got some irons in the fire right now.  It's all good, but time is at a premium.

I will make it a point to check in when possible.  I will make a birth announcement when my baby girl makes her debut.  And then make appearances from time-to-time to dote on my beautiful, sweet, and perfect little girl.  Might as well prepare yourself for proud papa Boo now.  I'll be overflowing with emotions and things could get saccharine sweet.

Stay smoke-free, it's the right thing to do.  Remember to keep it simple.  Take care of yourselves.

I will see y'all around...

Love you, Boo!  Thank you for all you have done here.  Take care of yourself and your beautiful family.  See you soon!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

324886238_2357(2).thumb.jpg.869121bb868e28756394a720ac23254d.jpg

Hey, Boo...

You are a fabulous member of QTrain.  Your posts are always succinct and intelligent and I look forward to you checking in as time rolls on.

Thank you for all you have given us so far.  Your support and humor have impacted all of us and brought us to higher ground.  

Have fun with your Maddie May and your wonderful April and wishes for all you desire in this world.

See you on the fly-by, baby.  

Sazerac

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for letting us know Boo You've done a great job here helping others find their way to quitting and yes, you are at a huge junction in your life right now with baby coming into the picture. That will not only consume your time but will change you in ways you can't yet imagine (all good though). Soak it all up because it's awesome :) 

See you when you check in on us!

1453194631_PigWave.gif.ce7b00487f9e73a8a75aef3bab0e98aa.gif

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well bit sad to read this post but I get it....pretty sure 26 yo Boo (not sure wot 26 yo Boo was up too but he gets  dragged out pretty regular) would never have thought he'd grow up to be so sage and wise and that he would have such a fricken positive influence on so many lives of people all around the world. Or that he'd get a mental Aussie "Looney bird" to add country music to her playlist and not just think of it as noise pollution. You better get back here from time to time to brag about princess baby boo or ill be usin' me latent ASIO skills and I will find you and nag you until you do, I can be clever like that.

Or-right hooroo for now and enjoy the shit outa whatever rolls ya way. You will be missed mate.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to read this, Boo, but I definitely understand.  Thanks for all the support, humor, music, wisdom, and other contributions that you added to this place.

I do hope you still check in from time to time.  Take care I hope all remains well with you and your family.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is sad news but completely understandable.

I've always found you such a kind and wise influence around the forum. You treat everyone equally, listen without judgement and encourage everyone to keep trying. 

You have all the qualities to make a wonderful father to your little girl  

You will be missed ❤

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the kind words.

On 6/10/2020 at 6:31 AM, notsmokinjo said:

You better get back here from time to time to brag about princess baby boo or ill be usin' me latent ASIO skills and I will find you and nag you until you do, I can be clever like that.

There won't be any need for a PSYOP campaign Jo.  I'll be ready to brag on my little girl to anyone who will listen.

The window for the expected birthday is now down to three weeks.  I'm trying to play it cool, but I'm a little overrun with anticipation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Gonna bump this one up as soon to be Jackson will arrive and Sugar Britches will not have a bump in her belly because he is here. 

@Boo will be busy helping to get things ready for the boy, taking care of Maddie, letting Sugar Britches rest for the big event.  I think he has everything down but will be surprised when Jackson pees in his face when he forgets to duck and cover changing his diapers.  That is one of the things he can't escape with the boy, nor would he want to.  It is a milestone for every Dad, it is the first time his son will tell his Dad to piss off (literally).  I know he can't wait!  Just remember to let Mom take her time until it is time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kris said:

I think he has everything down but will be surprised when Jackson pees in his face when he forgets to duck and cover changing his diapers.  That is one of the things he can't escape with the boy, nor would he want to.  It is a milestone for every Dad, it is the first time his son will tell his Dad to piss off (literally).  I know he can't wait!  Just remember to let Mom take her time until it is time.

I have a nephew and two nieces.  My sister said that changing the girls was always less adventurous: "With girls, you don't have anything pointing straight at you."

And my mom said that I used to let it rip as soon as the diaper came off.  I suspect a bit of retribution will be coming my way soon.

• Haha 5

Just a story, when my son was born, by c section, I was in a lot of pain. My husband had the so called gift of changing his poopy diaper when we got home. I could hear him in the baby's room gasping and gagging.  He got the job done.

My sister had also given birth to a son 5 weeks earlier.  When she had to go back to work, I watched my nephew, so we had double the poopy diapers.  My husband was home and I needed help with the babies. He came around the corner with .lysol spray, air freshner in his pants and a clothes pin on his nose.  It is one of my most special memories.  Of course, he was just funning me, he knew I was exhausted from taking care if 2 babies with breastfeeding our son.  Like they say humor can be the best medicine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6