This is it! I'm done!

JohnQ

I made a post here about a week ago after quitting (again) for a few days, but then there was an incident that got me really upset and depressed, I relapsed and I was too embarrassed to return to this forum.

But then I realized how stupid that was, so on June 1st, I decided that I will not smoke ever again, I'm done with those pathetic excuses and I'm determined not going to get tricked by the Nicotine devil one more time.  I know for sure that I will run into major events and incidents that would have great impact to my life and there will be days when I get mixed emotions higher than Mount Everest but I will not use that as an excuse to become an addict ever again.  I'm so done this time.  NOPE. 

June 1st 2020 will forever be the day I got my freedom from Nicotine.

Edited by JohnQ
  • Like 7

Glad to see you back on the train John. Bad things are going to happen, bad things ARE happening so why add a cigarette related illness to it right?! Nicotine will use any excuse it can find to weasel it's way back into our lives. We need to think like never smokers do when these things happen. A cigarette never crosses their minds, ever.....

Glad your back, stick close this time :) 

• Like 7

Glad to see you back John ....

Take smoking off the Table ....no matter what ....

Smoking won't change Diddley squat....except your health and will probably kill you ....

Buckle up ....stay seated ...and get the job done ....

• Like 7

I totally understand not wanting to come here and admit you are an active junkie - I avoided it the last 2 months that I have been smoking again - But I also finally got the courage to come and admit defeat and the support and love from this group of people is amazing and I quit TODAY... I know I cannot do it alone....

• Like 6

Welcome back, John.  You are making a great choice in resuming your quit.

Stick around.  There is a lot of support and knowledge you can gain here.

There is nothing positive that comes with smoking cigarettes.  It is all negative.  Quitting smoking is an incredible thing to do.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, JohnQ said:

I made a post here about a week ago after quitting (again) for a few days, but then there was an incident that got me really upset and depressed, I relapsed and I was too embarrassed to return to this forum.

But then I realized how stupid that was, so on June 1st, I decided that I will not smoke ever again, I'm done with those pathetic excuses and I'm determined not going to get tricked by the Nicotine devil one more time.  I know for sure that I will run into major events and incidents that would have great impact to my life and there will be days when I get mixed emotions higher than Mount Everest but I will not use that as an excuse to become an addict ever again.  I'm so done this time.  NOPE. 

Hi JohnQ.

So happy to hear your quit on the first.  Nicotine will be pretty well out of your system by now.

Exiting times ahead for you.  Time to explore your freedom and confidence and trust in yourself.

You quit smoking !  Awesome.

I know addiction makes people weak and feel horrible that is the nature of it.

You are not weak and will not be feeling horrible any more.

Stay with us and count on us to watch your back, John.

We all know what smoking was like and we all know what quitting feels like

AND

we all know how important our freedom is to us now.

Welcome home.

S

• Like 5

Hey John, 

You have probably just made one of if not the best decision you will ever make in life. I will not sugar coat this but it's going to take hard work and pure commitment on your part. The nicotine beast is very crafty and will appeal to your junkie cravings. This is where the real work begins and you must choose to never smoke again. We will be here whenever you need us to support you. There are a lot of great videos and articles specifically designed to aid you in your quit. Don't be afraid to ask for help or just join in on all the great activities and forums here on the train. They have helped me tremendously. Grab a seat on the train and enjoy the ride and always remember NOPE ( not one puff ever)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JohnQ said:

I'm so done this time.  NOPE. 

Good call.

2 hours ago, JohnQ said:

Buckle up, knuckle down, and drive on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnQ said:

Hi @JohnQ There are a few of us who have quit or are about to quit.  @BKP has even given us a team name - Team HLNJ.  Looking forward to embarking on this journey with you all 

• Like 4

Hello everybody,

Just want to drop a quick note to let you know I'm still doing well, 5 days of freedom so far and loving it. 

Thank you all for your wonderful support and encouragement. 

NOPE!

• Like 7

That's great to hear John. I hope you are making smart choices everyday. Join our daily NOPE thread and pledge to not one puff ever. Don't forget to ask for help if you need it for anything what so ever. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JohnQ said:

Hello everybody,

Just want to drop a quick note to let you know I'm still doing well, 5 days of freedom so far and loving it. 

NOPE!

YAY !  Congratulations on your Five Days of Freedom, John.  You quit smoking !  Ain't nothing stopping you now.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, JohnQ said:

Hello everybody,

NOPE!

Congratulations @JohnQ on 5 wonderful days.  Will be following your trail very soon

• Like 5

Congratulations John!  You will never regret your decision to quit smoking.  They key, in my opinion, is to not smoke no matter what.  You have to put it in your head that smoking is not an option.  Do that and you will be successful. Welcome to the QT!

• Like 5

Well done JohnQ, on one of the best decisions you'll ever make! I also quit deciding I would never ever smoke again, regardless of what happens. I had a couple of failed attempts earlier, mostly due to my own cockiness about smoking/addiction and this time I decided this is actually it for life, I will never smoke again.

And nearly 8 years later I can say it's worked for me. Some of us just have to totally close the door on it for good. If I hadn't  been so black and white about it I'm pretty sure I would still be a smoker - the failed attempts were all the proof I needed. 

• Like 5