Just Completed Week 8!

Amierouge

Actually, stopping the nrt patches tomorrow.  I can’t wait to be rid of them.  On the other hand, I’m a little nervous too.  

The other night I dreamed I was smoking. Weird right?!  The thing is I wasn’t enjoying it, and I was really mad at myself for doing it.  It was kind of a nightmare.

I have put some distractions in place.  I got my garden started, and I’m taking walks daily.  

I also want to keep my quitting and quarantine pounds down.  That’s the other big challenge. Any advice in this area?

Also I wanted to tell you that this group has been wonderful.  I really like coming to read the posts.  It has been very encouraging. 

Thank you for the support!

• Like 8

2 MONTHS is fabulous!!! Be proud!!!!

I think daily walks is a good idea. Maybe add some YouTube workouts a few times a week?

I didn't worry too much about the added weight, I kept my quit as #1 priority. But that's me.

Smoking dreams are pretty normal, I still have them now and then.

You'll do okay without the patches, you're stronger than you think you are. After all you haven't smoked in 8 weeks!!🙂

Keep us posted!

KTQ

• Like 5

Congratulations on almost two months quit amierouge, that's fantastic! 😊  And also great news that you've finished your nrt program. The next three days might be a little tough as the nicotine comes out of your system so drink lots of water or juice and listen to your craves. 

Don't worry too much about any extra weight right now. Most find that it comes off pretty easy once you're more comfortable with your new smoke free life 😊

numero-2-gif-12.gif

• Like 6

Congratulations on 8 smokefree weeks Amierouge.

15 hours ago, Amierouge said:

Actually, stopping the nrt patches tomorrow.  I can’t wait to be rid of them.  On the other hand, I’m a little nervous too.  

The other night I dreamed I was smoking. Weird right?!  The thing is I wasn’t enjoying it, and I was really mad at myself for doing it.  It was kind of a nightmare.

I have put some distractions in place.  I got my garden started, and I’m taking walks daily.  

I also want to keep my quitting and quarantine pounds down.  That’s the other big challenge. Any advice in this area?

Keep up the daily walks.  Watch what you eat.  And drink plenty of water.

You mentioned being nervous.  There is no better treatment for anxiety than a bit of exercise.  You can burn some calories and calm your nerves with a nice walk.  A two-for-one bundle deal.

• Like 4

I'm using the patch too and am about 3 weeks behind you.  I felt like I pretty much just breezed through the first 4 weeks on 21 mg but have been feeling some withdrawal symptoms after stepping down.  I normally don't remember my dreams so I am really enjoying the vivid dreams from the patch.  ha ha  You know what to do when you go patch free...distract, distract, distract.  Good luck to you and congratulations on 8 weeks smoke free!  😊

• Like 3

It was a tough day today.  I was super cranky!  @Mona I felt a little wobbly after each step. (Someone used the term “wobbly” somewhere on here.  I think it’s perfect to explain how you feel.)  It only lasted for a few days for each.  I’m hoping this last one is the same. 

I did go for a walk and dig out in the garden a bit.  It does seem to help.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Amierouge said:

It was a tough day today.  I was super cranky!  @Mona I felt a little wobbly after each step. (Someone used the term “wobbly” somewhere on here.  I think it’s perfect to explain how you feel.)  It only lasted for a few days for each.  I’m hoping this last one is the same. 

Hands up !!!..

That would be me ....It's ok to wobble ....just make sure you don't fall over ....and you didn't ....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Amierouge said:

Hope today is going better for you!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:43 PM, Amierouge said:

Also I wanted to tell you that this group has been wonderful.  I really like coming to read the posts.  It has been very encouraging. 

Thank you for the support!

Smoking dreams/nightmares are not unusual.  Nicotine changed our DNA....we will have to deal with the addiction forever.

Not as a constant thought like you are facing now but, as a concept and as a commitment to Not One Puff EVER.

This way, you will have NO fear of relapse.

If you want to keep pounds down, eat less and exercise more.  

Thank you for your lovely compliment !  We do have a wonderful group here and you are a big part of this by  sharing your quit with us.

Stay focused.  Enjoy your garden !  Mine gives me so much Joy no matter how blue I might feel.

• Like 1