Back again

Morgan

Hi everyone!

I've quit smoking loads of times and somehow keep getting myself back into this hole. I'm giving it a go once again and really want this to be my last time. It is such a shame I've fallen back into this so many times - even lost a 3 year quit! 

My husband is a smoker, so even though i go long periods of not... they are around and easily accessible. But at this point, this is something I just have to move past and not let it stand in my way.

I plan to be back on the boards and starting tomorrow with my NOPE pledge. 

Thank you all for the support this forum provides. I'm happy to be back with you all even if I wish it was under better circumstances. ❤

• Like 7

Hi Morgan .

Welcome back ....great to see your ready to quit ...

Same rules ....read all you can ...learn by your past failures ....so you can be ready next time for those danger times ....

Take smoking off the table ....No matter what ...

You can do it !!

• Like 5

Welcome back Morgan, sorry about your relapse. I can imagine quitting with a smoker in the house is tough. But continuing to go through the initial first few weeks of quitting is just as tough imo. And the more you keep doing it the harder it can become so why not just stick with your quit?

Come here when you feel yourself relapsing. We will keep you busy by supporting you, recommending threads to read. Playing games with you, boosting your confidence, whatever we can do to help you past your crave.

• Like 4

Welcome Back Morgan,

Relapses can happen but it's how you react and move forward towards your quit that matters. Look forward to seeing you around. As always we are here for you in any support capacity that you need. Read, learn and lean on us.

• Like 4

Welcome back Morgan :) 

Smoking or not smoking is a choice for each of us, every single day no matter how long we have smoked or stayed quit. You KNOW what the right choice is and that choice gets easier and easier to make the longer we stay quit. Why put yourself through the agony of withdrawal time and time again. Start choosing wisely each and every day. No more excuses!

• Like 6

Welcome back, Morgan.  I'm sorry to hear about your relapse but am glad you are quitting again.

Adhere to never taking another puff (or Not One Puff Ever - NOPE) and you will not have to go through these early days again.

Stick around.  There is a lot of support you can get here to help you quit for good.

• Like 5

Welcome Morgan. I hope this is the last time you go through this cycle of self abuse.  I'm curious about the situation with your husband (since I was, and still am, married to a non-smoker).  Does your husband realize how important your quit is to you?  Does he smoke inside?  Does he leave his cigarettes out in the open?  Does he know how lethal secondhand smoke is? 

I don't think it's unfair to ask him to make some adjustments to help ensure your quit has a more level playing field.  I wish you well....you can do it.

• Like 6

I really give someone credit for quitting when they are married to a smoker.  I'm sure that it makes it much more difficult.  Hopefully, he doesn't smoke in front of you.  If he does, maybe he can change that for you?

Best wishes to you for your forever quit!

Edited by Mona
  • Like 5