What I Love About Being Smokefree !!

Doreensfree

Not having my life revolve around when I would get my next nicotine fix.  It takes a while but you eventually gain peace with not having to continue feeding this addiction.

I used to think that smoking calmed my nerves.  I realize now that this is a lie.

These are strange times we are going through right now with CoVid and I'm pretty sure that if I had not quit, I'd be chainsmoking while following the news to calm down and try to put things in perspective.  I now realize that I would just be adding much more physical and mental stress during a time like this if I was still smoking.

Even in bad times you realize that life is much better without cigarettes and nicotine in your life

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

Not having my life revolve around when I would get my next nicotine fix.  It takes a while but you eventually gain peace with not having to continue feeding this addiction.

I used to think that smoking calmed my nerves.  I realize now that this is a lie.

These are strange times we are going through right now with CoVid and I'm pretty sure that if I had not quit, I'd be chainsmoking while following the news to calm down and try to put things in perspective.  I now realize that I would just be adding much more physical and mental stress during a time like this if I was still smoking.

Even in bad times you realize that life is much better without cigarettes and nicotine in your life 

Also risking your life more ,to go buy cigarettes ....I would have been a nervous wreck ...

• Like 11

I now love the thing I secretly used to dread when I was a smoker. Going on date night with my wife. More often than not we’d do dinner and a movie. I would always flag down the waiter to bring our check the moment I took my last bite so I could dash out and smoke a cigarette. And the movie would be even more torturous. I could never focus on the last hour because the cravings were so strong.

Now I love our night out. I’m totally present in the moment. And I see more than ever how fortunate I am to have such a wonderful and loving person in my life.

• Like 14

I haven't been smoke free all that long but I am slowly seeing some of the benefits. For example, I've started to breathe better and I believe my blood pressure is at a much better level. I still get cravings but they at a totally manageable. I don't miss worrying about wether I have enough smokes to last the day. I think I smoked the most when I was bored but I realize that I got better things to do in my down time. It's quite a revelation to know that life's tough moments don't involve smoking to get through them.

• Like 15

Seeing as a pack of smokes costs more than a lamb roast down here defo loving the money I now seem to have so much more of.

I love the freedom.

But most of all I love that my kid wants to hug me and spend time with me because it doesn't hurt her breathing anymore....and I never even knew it did until she says something after I quit.

• Like 14

I love the fact that I quit as some serious health issues were surfacing that I was not even aware of and that I am still here to document my journey! Dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic is stressful enough....don't need to add smoking to the equation...hard enough to find TP nevermind poison sticks!! 😎

• Like 13

Great to see a £20 note still in my purse after a week! In my smoking days that would have been gone in 2 days, plus another 3 more drawn out of the bank to cover the week. 
It’s so good to be free, Health and Wealth much improved. Thank God.

• Like 12

I live alone so I smoked in the house and vehicle.  I love not worrying about how the house smells when people come over, which I was getting more and more self-conscious about as very few people smoked indoors by the time I quit.   And yep, those butts added up fast and really were disgusting, even outside in a can waiting to hit the trash can. 

• Like 14

I'm a fitness trainer, and it's embarrassing to be smoker.  I love that I no longer hide to smoke quickly, I love mine smell now, the more I nurture, the healthy life I take, the more power I have, I love being very proud when I say * I don't smoke*

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

I love ....That horrible black cloud  has gone ...The black cloud of shame ...

I can still remember that feeling ...never going back there ...Ever !!!

I can't even imagine going into a shop now and buying smokes! I mean it's bad enough Covid-19 is out there lurking but what must others think when they see people willingly and purposefully damaging their lungs by smoking? Like I said, can't imagine the shame these days.

• Like 11

What I definitely love most about quitting: less anxiety in my life. Overall, I am much more calm and easy going than when I smoked. Being able to breath through sheer panic is the best thing that ever happened. 

Knowing I was able to quit has been super empowering, on many levels.

• Like 11

So many things! Most present in my mind right now is the freedom from thinking about it all the time in some way or another...either actively using or looking at smoking gear and ashtrays...or smelling the stench in the car, or being paranoid I stink!

Being constantly preoccupied with an addiction seriously impedes the personal growth.  I am just starting to fully realize how much space in my mind the smoking was occupying. Wow!

Edited by Angeleek
  • Like 10

No stains on teeth! No running to get smokes! No more burning in my throat when I get a bad drag or a bad fag! 

No standing outside in the rain to get a nicotine fix! yay 🙌

Hatin dem 20 xtra pounds tho!! 

• Like 8