Amierouge

Amierouge

Hi Amierouge and welcome to quit train!  Congratulations on being nearly 2 weeks smoke free! That's a great start to your forever quit.

Everything you are experiencing is normal. It is tough in the early days of quitting, even the the assistance of NRT products. Like all of us, you are a nicotine addict and have built an extensive habit of smoking with almost everything you do each day for years. That takes a while to  readjust to once you quit. Filling those moment when you used to smoke with some other activity or thoughts just takes time to become comfortable with. It WILL happen though. The key is to stick with your quit. The longer you do, the easier all of it will get to be. You will receive a lot of support here and there's a ton of information about smoking and nicotine addiction so please use all of it. Knowledge is power!

• Like 6

Hi and welcome...

Congratulations on your great quit ....

It's amazing just how much of our time smoking took up...

Now you have all that time on your hands ....

Find things to do ..to keep busy ....you can learn a new skill....you tube covers most stuff...

Specially now in Lockdown ....read ,jigsaws...puzzles...we have games here ....

• Like 6

welcome @Amierouge !

congratulations on your quit.

what kind of NRT are you using ? what is your step down plan ?

This thread may be helpful to you in navigating around this site

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine

The whole deal about taking breaks...

it wasn't so much I really needed a break, I could have easily gone on working.  I needed a break to replenish my nicotine levels.

Mostly it had everything to do with addiction.

But, legitimate breaks, after completion of a job or when contemplating the next are beautifully done without cigarettes.

Learning how to do everything without smoking is a big part of the journey,  taking breaks were a big trigger for me, for others.

I would sit on my back stoop and instead of smoke, take in big beautiful breaths of Oxygen. 

Oxygen was my new drug !  Deep breaths freshened my brain and  revitalized me and became the new normal.

Smoking Breaks

• Like 6

Welcome aboard Amierouge.  Congratulations on quitting smoking...it's the right thing to do.

3 hours ago, Amierouge said:

I feel a little lost sometimes. 

You'll find your way.  With time, what feels weird today becomes your new normal.

Be patient with the process.  You won't regret it.

• Like 6

Welcome aboard Amierouge and congrats on taking back your life 😊 We have a bunch of members here who have successfully quit with the help of NRT'S. Lots to do here to keep your mind busy so be sure to check out all our various forums 😊

• Like 4

Wow!  Thanks for the support!  I am trying to find healthy break activities.  Unfortunately, I find that I just keep working.  Part of that is adjusting to working from home too.

i just hit my two week mark!  Yay!  In two weeks I step down from 21 to 14 mg patches.  I will read the article posted above.

Thank you for being here, all of you!  I feel a little less alone.

• Like 7

Congratulations on two weeks quit Amierouge, that's awesome! 😊 Don't be afraid to step down sooner if you feel you're ready. The sooner you get nicotine out of your system the better 😊

• Like 5

Two weeks is a huge deal and means the hardest weeks are behind you!   Great job, Amierouge.  I found walking to be a good break activity -- just something to get you moving and out and about for a bit -- and bring along the dog if you have one.  

• Like 6

Welcome and  Congratulations  Amierouge.  Two weeks quit is pretty awesome.  Now that smoking is behind you, keep looking ahead.  As your quit continues to build, you will feel the wonderful benefits!

• Like 5

congratulations on your first two weeks of freedom, @Amierouge

you have started adjusting yourself to your new self,  facing patterns and body memories associated with smoking.

Soon you will be doing your body a great favor by eliminating nicotine from your bloodstream.

The patches are keeping you a physical slave.  Soon, you will let them go.  

Do not worry about this. 

With your head in the right place and your commitment intact, you will succeed in the next transition.

Living nicotine free is where it's at.

You always have the option of pulling the patches off sooner.

Some people forget to put them on, some slip off in the night.

You will live just fine without them, just get your head in the right place.

• Like 5