Help!!!!!

Guttie39

Don't give in to it Tina. Make your husband wash his hands before he comes in and even change his clothes too. But don't give him the benefit of causing you to lose your quit!

• Like 3

We can't control the actions of others, believe me I've tried with my own who has people here literally every single day. I've kept my quit and I challenge you to keep yours too!

Show the cigarette who is in control and go fill a glass of water and put it in there. Then  do the same for every other cigarette in the house. If your husband wants to smoke he'll learn to hide them or risk them getting soaked in water!!!!

• Like 1

Yes you can. He'll learn that if he wants to smoke to hide them from you which will help you in this early stage. You should not have any cigarettes within reach right now, especially since you're having such a hard time

• Like 1

Yea but I feel like I can concur it on my own a lot of people said it does not help with anxiety that it makes you more anxious. I dont know much about welbutrin and how it works. I know that with the suboxone that i am on it lowers the seizure threshold. Another reason why I am scared to take it. One lady said she took her first pill and wanted to go straight to the er and have it flushed out. Scary lol

@Nancy I have not lit it still hanging strong thank you for your encouragement. 

Get calm.

Find  your safe place inside.

Breathe 

this is a just a crave, it is not a catastrophe.

It is not a calamity.

It is only a gnarly crave and nothing you cannot live through.

Breathe

Sip on some juice, your blood sugar can be bouncing around like crazy.  Eat a little something.

You are fine.  this is just a growing pain.

When your husband comes home

Shoes left outside

ALL clothes go in washer

He goes into the shower and SCRUBS down.

Anything he touched coming in either gets thrown in the washer or wiped down.

This is the protocol for everyone going out in public.  

• Like 1

These early days are SO important. Please do NOT light up a smoke. It just stars the addiction cycle all over again and you have been fighting so hard to break it. What is your freedom worth? Certainly a short while of challenge. Stay the course and don't relapse Guttie. We've all faced it and it DOES get better as long as you don't give in.

• Like 3

Thank you all for your encouragement I have not picked up a cigarette and lit it. I keep telling myself I will have to start all over again my body will have to start detoxing all over again. I am already two days in and my body has already started detoxing. This is one of the biggest urges I have had this one is trying to stay around a little longer. 

• Like 2

Nicotine is rapidly leaving your body.  It will be gone tomorrow.  You will never have to go through this again for the rest of your life !

These first days can be challenging, no doubt.  Keep your eye on the prize...freedom....there is nothing like it !

Oh I forgot !  Reward yourself, especially after gruesome crave.  This will kick-start your brain to doling out rewards .

The Significance Of Rewards

You are winning.  

We are so proud of you !

• Like 1

Thank you so much for all your help this is to everyone. I never expected to find a online support group as this one. Everyone is so alert and attentive. I really feel I made progress here because of you all. As for the urge she is still trying to hang on as I pace the floors. You all rock!!!!! God bless each one of u 

Edited by Guttie39
  • Like 1

Told you you got this girl! Pace a hole in the floor if you have to because you'll be able to fix it with ALL the money you'll save by quitting! 😊

If you want even more inspiration make yourself a ticker for your signature  https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/  You'll be able to watch all the time, money saved and cigarettes not smoked add up since you quit. I loved seeing mine grow and it also showed me what I had to lose it I caved to a crave!

• Like 1