S.o.s

Guttie39

I'm sorry to hear this but you are doing the right thing reaching out for help.

The early stages can be really tough but things really do get better.  You have done great making it through 16 hours without a cigarette and lighting up now will only throw away a great start.  Cigarettes do not relax you, they only feed your addiction to nicotine.  The longer you go without smoking, the better things will get.

Do not light up.  Fight through this.  Things will get better.

Craves are not a command and they do not last forever.  Fight through this.  When you fight through a crave like this and win, your quit becomes much stronger.

• Like 6

Stay strong Guttie .....

A crave will ease ....do something nice ...have a nice hot shower ...a long soak ....

Scream and shout ....just don't smoke .....your doing great ....

Come and play some games ....

Watch Joels videos......there is so much you can do .....

• Like 5

When I had bad cravings I used my JAC (jillars air cigarette). I just pretended I was holding a cigarette in my fingers and then went through the motions of "smoking" it. Some people use cut straws, pens, even licorice. It worked REALLY well at tricking my mind into thinking it was getting the real thing :)

• Like 3

Take the yet off Tina, you haven't lit up. period. 

7 minutes ago, Guttie39 said:

I have not lit up yet

Be super proud of yourself, not only are you doing a great thing for yourself and your body but you are showing your husband that it's doable too :) 

• Like 3

Busy your mind and get it off the thought of smoking. Go somewhere you never smoked, even if its just another room. After I bought my first brand new car in 2007 I swore I wouldn't smoke in it so when I quit in 2016 if I had a really bad crave that even my JAC wasn't working for I would take a drive and I instantly forgot about smoking because it just wasn't something I did in my car.

I also kept busy playing games. We have a great games forum to keep your mind busy so check it out, you may find something fun there :) 

• Like 3

Guttie

You've nearly made it an entire day.  Don't waste that amazing effort by lighting up.   You'd just need to start the whole process all over again and I'm sure you don't want keep doing that over and over again.  You're worth whatever fight it takes.  

• Like 4

Just now, Doreensfree said:

Feel sorry for him Guttie....your free he is not ....do t worry before to long ,he will be so jealous of you ..

Every smoker dreams of being free from addiction ..

This is so true Tina!

• Like 4

You made a commitment to yourself to no longer be a slave to the cigarette.

Be relentless with that commitment.

The early days of a quit are a baptism by fire.  The rewards of quitting are worth every bit of the effort and then some.

• Like 4

Thank you all I am doing good I have not lit up thank you all so very much. Still trying to fight the cravings I told my husband I am trying to quit he still leaves the cigarettes laying around. Still smokes in front and around me. 

Screenshot_20200410-135240_Smoke Free.jpg

• Like 4

Smokers hate losing one of their own Tina. You're his partner in crime so to speak. Try explaining to your husband that him smoking in front of you and leaving his cigarettes around are jeopardizing your quit. Then ask him to smoke outside or in the garage/man cave

• Like 4