New here

Guttie39

Hello my name is tina I am new here I have been searching and searching for a online support group. An cam across this smoking a cigarette as I type feeling guilty. I keep telling myself this is the last one this is the last one. It's kinda hard because my husband is a smoker. I am going to tell myself again this is the last one. An really put some effort into this time. I have tried everything. So I am open to any advise and support 

Tina 

• Like 4

Hello Guttie and welcome !  Congratulations on quitting smoking !

Please check out this thread which will help you find your way around

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine

I will be back in a sec with some more resources concerning quitting around smokers.  Hold tight.

• Like 5

Hello yes today was the day I was supposed to stop I am now trying to go a hour without smoking. Then two then four and so on and so forth. My anxiety has been the main trigger especially now what's going on in the world. It's been tuff 

• Like 3

Hi and welcome Guttie....

So glad you jumped in board .....

There have been folks here ,who have quit with a Partner who still smokes ...

Read all you can here ...there is plenty to keep you busy ....

Watch all the video,s....

Take smoking off the table ....it does become easier once you have made this promise ....

Take our daily NOPE pledge ....a great way to start your day ....it can be a massive tool in your quit ..

Stay close ...

• Like 5

Welcome guttie and congratulations on deciding to quit this deadly addiction. I have a ton of respect for those who can quit with a smoker in the house. But our members who have successful quits under those conditions have shown us all that when you're ready to quit nothing will stop you. Even that 😊

I found that being part of a community with others who knew what I was going through at any given time was instrumental to my quit and I stayed glued to the board as much as possible reading, posting, celebrating milestones and socializing.

It bonded  me with other members and made me not want to let them down. I also learned a ton about this addiction and found reassurance during craves that I could get through it.

So stick close, we'll give you all the support and camaraderie you want/need 😊

• Like 5

Thank you both so much I am doing as much possible as I can to stay focused. Right now I am doing wait a hour get through that hour. An then get through another hour. Where can I find the nope pledge. I would love to take that so I have something I am committed too. Again thank you both for your support and suggestions 

Tina

• Like 5

We also have our SOS Forum here https://www.quittrain.com/forum/5-the-sos-board/ . This is where you would post if you feel that you're going to cave to a crave. Post there and all of us who follow that thread will be notified that someone needs extra support. I used it a few times in my early quit so I know it works if you truly want to save your precious quit :) 

• Like 5

Welcome to the Quit Train Tina.  Quitting smoking is one of the best things you will ever do for yourself.

31 minutes ago, Guttie39 said:

Right now I am doing wait a hour get through that hour. An then get through another hour.

That's how it's done.  It is a marathon not a sprint.  Just run the mile you're in and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

• Like 6

Come on and climb aboard Guttie.  We have all been through the quit at least once and don`t have any special gift except we all made the decision to quit. The tough times may be ahead but it will be worth it. Hours become days, days weeks and it will get easier. Read the links members have sent. Knowledge is a key. Best wishes and hope to see you hanging around and strong.

• Like 6

Hi Guttie39.  I am so glad you found us.  This is a great place for support in quitting smoking.  I smoked for 42 years and tried everything to help me quit and was finally able to with the help of friends here.   It truly is easier that you think.  Don't concentrate on that last cigarette.   Just concentrate on breathing that clean fresh air.  The first couple of days are a little tough but once the nicotine is out of your system, it is just a matter of redirecting your thinking.   Stay close and shout out when you need us.  You can do this!.

• Like 5

Hoping you can make use of all the people and resources available here to craft your forever quit 😊

Quitting is completely within your control and you can't say that about much these days so please use that control for something really beneficial for your future!

• Like 4

Hey Tina,

So glad to have you on here. This is a wonderful place to be, and has come to be more like family for so many of us.

You will not have any lack of support here, that's for sure. Quitting smoking will be the best decision you can ever take for yourself. So jump in with both feet, we're here to catch you :)

• Like 3