Daily counter, my journey

AK47

2 hours ago, AK47 said:

My real problem is that one more cigarette won"t do any harm 

Do it, don"t make it a big deal... 

There is only one question here you need to ask yourself .....

Do you want to be a smoker or not !!!!......

• Like 3

When your junkie mind tries to tell you that just one is no big deal, ask it about the hundreds and thousands that will follow.  The reality is that there is no such thing as just one for addicts.

• Like 5

I'm having a hard time figuring out if you're a chronic relapser or trolling us. I don't see you taking in anything that we've told you to help you quit. And as a doctor I find it unbelievable that you would say just one won't kill you.

Maybe just one won't kill you. Maybe just one will put you over the edge to be on oxygen the rest of your life. Or maybe just one will be that final one that causes you to lose circulation and have your toes or feet cut off......

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

You can do it AK ....you just need to want it as enough ...

Have you been reading all the information here ???

Yes 

The story of jones who postponed his quit till he had lung cancer really touched me

• Like 3

Quitting before you contract a horrible smoking illness is always best ....

Don't leave it till it's too late ...

Copd / Emphysema.....is incurable ....once your lungs are damaged there is not going back ...

But your a  Doctor ....you don't need me to tell you ...

I arrived here ...not knowing if my two feet would be amputated ....

Cancer is not the only illness you could get ....

• Like 3

Try and avoid any really tough triggers for now. Things will get easier as time goes on. Attack the triggers when you feel confident that you can overcome them. This race is not a sprint. This is a long distance marathon. You will need will power and stamina to reach the end.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AK47 said:

I"ll avoid them that month as i can

Do whatever you need to do and protect your quit.

Soon, your confidence will build as you encounter more triggers and prevail without cigarettes. 

I am including this video from Joel Spitzer in which he tells a marvelous story about a reluctant quitter and the importance of NOPE.

not necessarily because you are or aren't a reluctant quitter, more to do with avoiding your friends in order to keep your quit.

The video deals with how quits don't always go as planned.

I don't Want To Quit Smoking

• Like 2

You can't run forever,

learn to face these challenges

because triggers can happen throughout our lives, 

not just when we first quit.

The point is staying current with yourself and confirming your commitment to NOPE every day.

Learn new skills to strengthen your quit and you needn't fear craves or triggers.

You will know how to reaffirm NOPE, it will be etched into your consciousness.

• Like 2