Daily counter, my journey

AK47

12 hours ago, AK47 said:

Day 1

As usual

As expected 

I"m so disappointed

You mentioned that you're a doctor.  Yet you seem to be unable to grasp the basic precepts of addiction and what it takes to quit smoking.  Couple that with the fact that you attend a party in the middle of a pandemic and I have some serious doubts that things are on the up and up here.

The first step to a successful quit is to get real with yourself.  The rest just takes commitment and time.   

• Like 5

Sorry to hear that you relapsed, AK47.  I'm not sure if you were drinking at your party but going forward, I would recommend avoiding alcohol until you are pretty secure in your quit.  You may also want to avoid being around smokers for a while.  Some people can handle being around smokers early on but it's definitely a problem for me so I am staying away (easy to do when you're in lockdown).  I wish you well!

Edited by Mona
  • Like 4

Here we go AK,

Let's make this quit count this time. You already know what to expect so there will be no surprises. I have faith that you can do this. You just need a little faith in yourself.

• Like 1

Well done ...for changing your ticker ....it's all about being honest with yourself ....

What have you learnt AK ...so that this quit will be different ?

Are you reading and watching the help here ?......

It's all about understanding this addiction ....and it might explain why you keep failing ...

The first step is .....You have to want to quit in the first place ....

• Like 3

Hang in there AK,

You can accomplish your goal to quit smoking. Yes, you are going through the whole process again but you have done it before. You can do it again. I know deep down inside you have what it takes. You just need to sum up the rest of the courage and fortitude to see this through to the end. The way I know this is because you came back after a relapse knowing that others were going to be disappointed in you. Yet you swallowed your pride and took ownership of your relapse without placing blame elsewhere. This fact alone tells me you definetly have what it takes to beat the nicotine monster. All that you are lacking is the pure faith and belief in yourself to get through to the end. Always remember to NOPE everyday.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AK47 said:

Why everytime i fail in the end of 2nd or 3rd week

Why

Because you make wrong choices.

Smoking and quitting are choices. Look at your post before you went to that party where the result was a relapse. You made the wrong choice despite all kinds of input from other successful quitters. Admit it or not, you "wanted" to fail and smoke again. 

You need a stronger commitment to becoming free of your nicotine addiction - that's all.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AK47 said:

Why

This isn't rocket science.

You fail because you choose to smoke.

There is nothing special about two of three weeks, this is a construct in your head.

Get right with yourself.

Either you smoke or you quit and stand by your decision.

Perhaps, you are still under the illusion that 'just one won't make a difference'.

Stop obeying the lies of addiction.  Replace them with the stark cold truth.

Smoking KILLS.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AK47 said:

Why

I

You fail because you smoke. We have given you a ton of good advice and support but we can't keep you from putting a cancer stick in your mouth and smoking it. 

• Like 3

We can only give you the tools to work with ...it's you that has to put the work in ....

We don't have a magic wand AK....

Are you reading the pinned posts on the Main Smoking Board,they are pinned in green ..

Have you watched all Joel's video,s ....Maybe read Allen Carr the easy way ..this book has helped millions .

If you want Freedom ...you have to fight for it ....

• Like 2

You are making this so much harder that it really is,

not only by repeatedly relapsing and torturing yourself with consistent withdrawals by smoking

but, by your thinking that it takes inordinate courage and tenacity.

Sure, it takes commitment and abiding by that commitment

but these are not super powers.  We all quit and we are not supermen/superwomen.  We are addicts just like you.

• Like 3

That's it, conquer one day at a time. You need to be committed to the quit. You do not not have to prove that you can do this to anyone but yourself. This is one time you can be selfish. What matters most in this whole process is that you be true to who you are and who you want to be going forward. Don't over think this. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AK47 said:

AK....have you thought of doing our daily NOPE every day ...it's a great tool ...

It's a promise to yourself ,you won't smoke for the next 24 hours .....

What have you got to lose .. Nothing......but could gain everything .....maybe you need more help than coming here to just post a number ....

You need to find a way past your danger zones .....

• Like 3

Day 4. 

How are you preparing for your major triggers ?

Like your smoking friends ?

Do you still feel like you are missing out on all the fun.

Dig this post

Red Flags

Do yourself a favor and avail yourself to these resources.

These are put here for you A but, also to address the issues your quit/relapses bring up for readers.

Relapse Prevention Resources.

• Like 2

ONE Cigarette...ONE flippin' PUFF.

This IS   THE BIG DEAL

if you don't absorb the primary tenets of addiction then you will continue to fail.

Stop being an idiot.  You know better.  

• Like 2

The theory that one cigarette won't do any harm is a huge misconception. It's a total junkie rationalization. Today it's one won't harm me and I can still quit but it's your brain tricking you to keep feeding the nicotine into your body. Next thing you know you've rationalized to the point where you are right back to where you were before you quit. All the time rationalizing, it's okay I'll quit again someday. It's all just the inner junkie rationalizing any way possible to get more nicotine. That's where the daily NOPE pledge is a huge commitment. I can't stress this enough about being 100% committed to the quit.

• Like 2