Two Weeks of Freedom for Helmethermit

Boo

Has it been two weeks already?

Every now and again a quitter shows up who is just destined for success.  Since day one here you have shown a good mix of commitment, grit, and humor.  A great combination of attributes that will carry you through the process.

We commend you for the way you are handling the process and congratulate you on two weeks of freedom.

Everybody give it up for Helmethermit...

• Like 8

Congratulations, @helmethermit, on your Two Weeks of Freedom !

I agree with @Boo,  it was obvious, right from the start that you were building a successful quit.

It is a real pleasure to have you here. You are an inspiration to everyone that quitting is possible and do-able.  It is just a mind-set.  A commitment to yourself.

Thank you so much for sharing your quit with us.

S

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Boo said:

Has it been two weeks already?

Every now and again a quitter shows up who is just destined for success.  Since day one here you have shown a good mix of commitment, grit, and humor.  A great combination of attributes that will carry you through the process.

We commend you for the way you are handling the process and congratulate you on two weeks of freedom.

Everybody give it up for Helmethermit...

wow - i!!!!  this is so special from the new family i made out here. that is one of the most touching things anyone has ever done for me - thank you from the bottom of my soul my good friend.

i have no words or any way in which i can truly thank you guys.

the applause is for us. this beautiful home and our family. a family that stands by each other. 

thank you so much - all blowing the gusts of winds beneath my wings. 

a beautiful and touching gift clearly reflects a beautiful soul. i am so proud to be a part of your beautiful life. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Congratulations, @helmethermit, on your Two Weeks of Freedom !

I agree with @Boo,  it was obvious, right from the start that you were building a successful quit.

It is a real pleasure to have you here. You are an inspiration to everyone that quitting is possible and do-able.  It is just a mind-set.  A commitment to yourself.

Thank you so much for sharing your quit with us.

S

i am just that one wild cowboy i guess. seriously i would have loved to follow the rules and quit - slow and steady. but the quit this way was funnier. lol .  thank you for whispering as to what was around the bend by giving me the endless links - lol, and making sure i was prepared

Edited by helmethermit
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, jillar said:

Congratulations on two weeks quit helmethermit, it's great to have you here and watch your journey 😊

thank you jillar , truth is i was  just the face - you were a big part of the shadow brigade - the real power source

a big shout out to the jillar - the shy - power generator that hides in the shadow. thank you for all the strength. 

you must be a joy - just to be around i am sure of - no, i know it to be a fact, i can feel it. i feel so joyful just replying to your message.  thank you again. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Congratulations H .....

Your Rocking this Quit ...

Your GAD

hello GAD - so you finally write to me after an eternity. 

mind : is she ignoring me?

soul : she is busy

mind : but she can post a one liner, right !

soul : she is busy - unlike you she has a lot of patients to attend to

mind : is she a nurse??

soul : yes - but in a very bigger sense. she heals the body, mind and soul together

mind : wow, she sounds like a seer, a good sorceress - that is amazing

soul : she is really all that and more. she is the godmother of our quit when it was a baby. she is the guardian angel

mind : oh i see - that is why you call her GAD

soul : yes - not just call her - i mean it too and so should you

mind : agggggggh, (crying - i want a message from doreen, i want ne now, aaaagh)

soul : stop crying - just scroll up - she just sent us one

mind : NO- she sent me one - not to you. she sent it just for me

soul : ok child - whatever - just be happy

mind : mee- whoo, whee- doo....

(lol - quitting makes a guy go bonkers - anybody doing a scientific study will have tons of data supporting this claim in my quit and posts )

on a serious note - thank you so much for everything you did and for things you did but never told me about .

ladies and gentlemen - please get ready to stand up, clap and salute someone who means so much to me and always will.

A big shout out to my quit's Godmother and my Guardian angel 

this is the soulful doreensfree

thank you GAD, you are so special - and you always will be. 

Edited by helmethermit
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

Congratulations @helmethermit on your first 2 weeks smoke free.  These are the toughest weeks and you are doing great.  Keep up the awesome work.

thank you so much johhny5

i turn into the tough profile kid  (you know which one - lol)  whenever i am in doubt of a re-lapse. any crave would get beaten by this angry cute kiddo. 

thank you for all the strength and believe me that profile pic of yours inspired me more than a team of ten folks would. kiddo power - boom ! thank you for the kiddo. 

• Like 5

dear helmthermit,

Congratulations!  Sailing along in your new found freedom....15 days, hurray 

Glad you have found guidance, inspiration, information and support  from the folks on QT... for your new life of freedom. A non-smoker.

May each day of your life be easier and more wonderous than the one before.   Glad to have a seat with you on this train.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, helmethermit said:

i have no words or any way in which i can truly thank you guys.

We offered support and advice.  You gave us the opportunity to watch another quitter break free from the chains of addiction.

It's a win-win situation for all involved.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, darcy said:

dear helmthermit,

Congratulations!  Sailing along in your new found freedom....15 days, hurray 

Glad you have found guidance, inspiration, information and support  from the folks on QT... for your new life of freedom. A non-smoker.

May each day of your life be easier and more wonderous than the one before.   Glad to have a seat with you on this train.

thank you darcy

those were heartwarming words put beautifully together and they  convey your sweet, caring  emotions so strongly and fill me up with endless joy. 

what is amazing is that all you folks out here work tirelessly i notice for a cause you truly feel for.  that is the magic that keeps this train moving. 

i am honored to share a seat with someone so special as you darcy - and i mean it. so thank you my lady for giving me the chance to get inspired from a hero that you are. 

thank you again and take good care - remember - you are very precious to so many of us out here. some may be shy to say it so i had to shout it out on their behalf as well. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Boo said:

We offered support and advice.  You gave us the opportunity to watch another quitter break free from the chains of addiction.

It's a win-win situation for all involved.

hello boo !! - a pleasure to hear from you. sometimes a zephyr is all you need to take off and glide to the skies. thank you my friend. you guys blew a gale. i had a vertical take off - thanks to you - lol. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jordan7 said:

Huge congratulations HH and happy two, too!!!  You've quickly become very good at this quitting stuff and there's no doubt you're in it for the long run.    

hello Jordan7,

we were big on exporting sulpher from al aquaba,. i just assumed you are from that part courtesy your username. 

true - either i flipped or either i blew up my fuse. whatever - i am happy.

if i was asked to write down the last confirmed crave it is turning distant a distant memory . i felt the last 'real' crave some 4 months before i quit smoking, lol. i was helping out wifey in the kitchen (she is the CEO of our home center inc - president of the board of directors, in fact she is the only director and the only dictator on the board, lol). i accidentally cut my finger bad whilst chopping onions . i will never forget that gloriously shameful torture i endured  willingly and how the pathetic crave was so cruel in its depravity. that day i saw how a crave could humiliate somebody who was in love despite the obvious shortcomings of his lover. lol.

did i feel a true crave after the quit - no

which was the toughest day of my quit?  - day 1 and 2 i think. - as my mind needed to be convinced i could quit.

i am reminded on an old advertisement for an suv - it helped my quit. 

if you look back on your life, what would you remember?. ......what would you remember ?? ..,

re-claim your life !!!!...

(stunning New Zealand landscapes) -  pure SOUL BLEEDER !!

Edited by helmethermit
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Angeleek said:

Hoorayyy!!!!! Way to get free, Sailor!!!!

yes, hooray !! for i finally figured out why i always had that cozy and feeling of warmth in your soothing presence. i was playing a song by one my worship bands and i realized . holly molly ! - mama mia  - angeleek !  

one of the bands on my endless list of worship bleeders is angellore (do not google them please, lol- deep dark angels - there, i warned you !)

you reminded me of them when i first met you on the forum - now they remind me of you. 

thank you for everything angeleek - even saying your name feels like a cute and cheerful magical spell !. 

Je suis un grand fan - angellore and angeleek. lol. 

Edited by helmethermit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, helmethermit said:

hello Jordan7,

we were big on exporting sulpher from al aquaba,. i just assumed you are from that part courtesy your username. 

true - either i flipped or either i blew up my fuse. whatever - i am happy.

Nope, just a name and not even mine, borrowed from F. Scott.   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jordan7 said:

Nope, just a name and not even mine, borrowed from F. Scott.   

lol, no worries - i presumed something and it turned out wrong .i've been there a million times before

but i an not presuming wrong this time i know - when i presume that i found  a good soul in you - a friend in the making for now perhaps. that i am sure of.

have a wondrous day, a magical weekend and press repeat on monday. put life on that autopilot setting - take care

Edited by helmethermit
  • Like 3