This audio book looks good :)

Sunshine59

I like the way he talks about nicotine addiction , such proper words coming out of his mouth .

The audio book itself feels like an old documentary about some LSD trip

Very interesting narration

Let me see if i can find the whole book from somewhere

Thanks

• Like 5

"There are people who can make love standing on a hammock, but it is not the easiest way." --Allen Carr

I don't have anything else to add.  I just really enjoyed that line.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Glad you found this, @Sunshine59

I initially checked this book out at the library early on in my quit and I ordered my own personal copy before I finished.  You can buy it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble's websites.

Allen Carr really helped me with my quit and I do recommend it for anyone who is quitting smoking.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Irene said:

I have read his book and it's good...very good...but....Joel Spitzer is perhaps better

What amazes me is his understanding of the addiction, never having been a smoker himself

I dig Allen's attack on addiction, the psychological bit.  

I am a big fan of Joel's.  His emphasis on education and all his resources are excellent.

Here's what he has to say about not being a smoker

You Never Smoked, How Can You Know What I Am Going Through

and

Standard Reply For Allen Carr Comparisons

• Like 3

A great book! He uses logic to bust us out of the nicotine spell, kinda like rational-emotive therapy.  I found it very helpful in changing how I viewed my relationship to cigarettes.  Helped me deepen my resolve to quit.

• Like 2