Blast from the Past (songs that formed part of your memories)

helmethermit

hi all,

we all have that feeling. a song suddenly starts on the radio and it takes you on a time trip. the song has a certain memory of your life that embedded in it forever. some memories are too scared to share but others can be a good way to spread a smile at a jungle trek campfire maybe

so feel free to post or just enjoy lurking. remember - NOPE and smile, be happy. 

• Like 1

my first ever music video. cant help smile and hum the tune even today. beats any pop song even today at least in my eyes. what is so beautiful is that there was nothing vaguely vulgar that is so prevalent today esp in rap and pop videos  (luckily heavy/doom/gothic metal still remains pure). simple, so full of innocence and i still cannot help falling all over in love with her again and feel shy and conscious each time she stares at the camera directly. a touchy soft soul bleeder. 

• Like 1

we skipped school - jumped the school wall behind the basketball court and then ran all the way to a freind's house which was a good 2 -3 miles out of breath and panting deeper than a dog he stammered in between the death like panting. this is unreal guys. even today i hear his voice. it is so unreal. believe me - at that time it was way too advanced. bunty bailey looks so adorable. the four of us watched the video in stunned silence that lasted minutes after the video. we could not believe our eyes - the video was unreal, even today it feels the same. 

can you walk like an egyptian? -  god forbid if you said no. that was a sin as a teenager. we watched the video just to learn the walk and hit replay like maniacs (vhs tapes - remember??) the things we did to look and feel cool. but we did learn the walk thanks to the endless pause - check the angle dom, lol. wow nostalgia - was so easy to be happy back then. 

Edited by helmethermit
  • Like 1

we never found out how it all began but i think i was waiting to join as a cadet when i was warned by a friend one day. do not you dare to ever listen to this song. it is said that anyone who listens to this song commits suicide. it is banned all over the world and will get banned here too. simple world, simple times - we believed everyone and anything back then. it took me a lot of guts to press play the audio (no guts to watch the video, lol) and after the first listen and i was jumpy for more than a week later, maybe. lol

boys do not watch these girlie videos, period. must have been a senior girl who declared this law. so what do the boys do. we get together one night, make sure no one is around  and set up a security parameter tighter than what Potus has  today and watch the video. imagine the embarrassment of getting caught watching it. luckily the mission was successful. one of the cutest videos you will ever see other than her 'time after time' (that is a heartbreaking one really)

• Haha 1

I am going way way back in the way back machine for one of my first memories of playing music for myself.

At four/five years old I remember putting on an older sister's 50's petticoat and my daddy's belt,

playing this 45 (maybe it was a 78 ! ) and dancing dancing dancing around my room.  Leaping up and off the bed, twirling with abandon.

It was my very own record and I played it all the time.  Little wonder it 'mysteriously' disappeared.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, helmethermit said:

can you walk like an egyptian? -  

Young Boo developed his first celebrity crush on Susanna Hoffs, the lead singer of the Bangles.  I wasn't a huge fan of the music, but I enjoyed watching the videos.

• Like 3

I was listening to Willie's Roadhouse earlier and heard an artist that always takes me back.  My grandfather was a big country music fan and particularly liked songs that told a story.  The old man had every album Tom T. Hall ever recorded and hearing those songs brings back some good memories.

Edited by Boo
  • Like 2