Fully Recovered

NADA

I work in a healthcare facility that was hit hard by COVID-19 early on.  I got sick on 3/5 and test results came back positive on 3/9.

This was a flu like no other.  I was fortunate not to require hospitalization - only needed some IV fluids.  I have since made a full recovery.  Home isolation was lifted yesterday after meeting all the criteria and follow up testing.

I can say with absolute certainty that if I were still smoking there would have been a VERY different outcome.  I hacked, coughed, and had breathing issues all the time before I quit.  I truly don’t feel I would have had the fortitude to make it through the last few weeks if I started out with all those preconditions.

If there were ever a reason to push you to quit smoking, this is it.  DO IT NOW.

Hope you all stay well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Wow BKP, how scary for you! I'm glad you are fully recovered now. Thank you for sharing this with us. And thank goodness you quit smoking when you did so that you had the strength to get well!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wow !!.....Scarey .....

Thankfully you have come out of this the other side ....

I agree ...being smoke free and healthy has totally paid off....

Take it easy ....make sure your fully recovered ....

Sharing this hopefully helps someone take the leap and quit ....❤

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BKP said:

If there were ever a reason to push you to quit smoking, this is it.  DO IT NOW.

The pandemic is precisely what got me to quit. I am a grocery store cashier, so I'm face to face, within a few feet, of people all day long. It's not "if," it's "when" I catch the virus. I am 69 years old, so I am already in a high risk category for complications with the virus. But I need the income and my store needs cashiers to help handle the high flow of traffic we have every day. It feels good to be useful right now, with everything on lock-down.

Glad you made a full recovery. Thank you for the work you do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Kate18 said:

The pandemic is precisely what got me to quit. I am a grocery store cashier, so I'm face to face, within a few feet, of people all day long. It's not "if," it's "when" I catch the virus. I am 69 years old, so I am already in a high risk category for complications with the virus. But I need the income and my store needs cashiers to help handle the high flow of traffic we have every day. It feels good to be useful right now, with everything on lock-down.

Glad you made a full recovery. Thank you for the work you do.

Be as careful as you can out there, Kate. And thanks to you, too, for the work you do helping to keep the stores open.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Very scary stuff BKP!  I’m so glad you got thr/ it!   I, too, work in healthcare and am soooooo thankful I quit.  One less thing to worry about.  And - hello!- improved lung function!!

Thanks for posting- it is important info to share!

Stay well!

L4L 

• Like 1