Quit by default (due lockdown)

Your need for water could be just because you are thirsty.

Smoking hid so many things our bodies needed.

I would light a smoke instead of have lunch.  Light a smoke instead of having a glass of water.

Light a smoke instead of listening to my body or,  light up a smoke instead of dealing with a situation.

Now,  you are able to remember yourself, remember your body and listen to its needs.

Here's whats going on, you fabulous nicotine free creature, you.

de4d7b541c2eba4586affc94c6074fad-700x522.png.848de05367286b17023f4944568fd81c.png

• Like 3

thank you sazerac for the inspirational post .

next step is one month now. 5 opponents down and this next fight may last a while. 

9 rounds of one month each. well- best is to go for a quick knockout like i did in the last 5.

thank you to all my trainers out here. you turned a weakling into a fighter, lol. 

• Like 3

On 4/3/2020 at 1:16 AM, Doreensfree said:

Hi H...

All sounds positive ...and on track ....good to hear the cough has gone ....

You might not feel as hungry....because you are filled up with water more ....

Good job !!!!

l

ol, yes so true

i seem to simply love water now - not just to quench the thirst but the feel good factor i feel after i gulp down a few sips. never had much when i was on the poison. coke, coffee, never water. now i have quit all these and replaced all with just warm water and honey.

even today and right now i feel like my mouth is parched dry. i must really seal a tap onto my mouth and connect a discharge hose at the other end, lol. my body must be working in overdrive mode and flushing the toxins out.

the never ending dryness is the only side effect that stood out in my quit. nothing else really lasted long. maybe a week or so and i will be back to normal. let me see. 

rest is all is well and all you magicians out here - thank you again and take good care. 

Edited by helmethermit
  • Like 3

random update - 

i did cough out a bit of  poison, lol. a light cough and that is all. why i am posting this insignificant thing is this - once i coughed out the poison - i feel a cool cool feeling in my throat. as if i had a icy mint. this happened ever since my quit =. when i cough out this poison i feel the throat turn cold, very cold on the inside and i can feel the air going in and out. today i coughed out after some few days. i think i may have logged my last cough out before today as well

just logged it for record keeping, lol. maybe make an excel sheet with the data after 1 year of the quit. 

Edited by helmethermit
  • Like 3

Every day ..you cleanse more H ....Thank you for the update ...

I never had a cough ..or coughed up phlegm.....

This worried me at first after Smoking over 5 decades ...when I heard folks were cleansing....

I think I would have been happier to cough ...

But all,s well...

• Like 5

Hey Hh,

Just wondering how the weekend shaped up for you.   Just reread this thread.  Amazing!!! You are FREE.    What an incredible turn of events.  Considering you had no idea you were quitting and once the idea came about ...  YOU quit.

Chuckled  and nodded at your posting of THIS  IS THE QUIT because once you give your all, it is all or nothing.      I can relate.  My last relapse lasted around 5 years.   I had the mindset (of which I am usually VERY SET on some things) that once I picked up smoking again it was a forever thing.   BELIEVED that junkie thinking, too....for almost 5 years.  Surprised and grateful beyond words that my belief was terribly wrong.   I have quit.  Yay!    

Really glad you are clicking along on the QT track.   We have sticky quits!!!

The photo from the ship deck..... thanks for sharing that bit of beauty and awe.

OIP.uCnaah0gqOMpmMnTvwvfPgHaEK?w=300&h=1  you got this.

• Like 5

On 4/5/2020 at 11:42 PM, Doreensfree said:

Every day ..you cleanse more H ....Thank you for the update ...

I never had a cough ..or coughed up phlegm.....

This worried me at first after Smoking over 5 decades ...when I heard folks were cleansing....

I think I would have been happier to cough ...

But all,s well...

oh my god - it is my GAD !!

the cough is not regular or persistent. like today i woke up and felt a slight cough. once the poison was coughed out i felt normal and the coughing disappeared. lasted about an hour on the higher side - a bit less than an hour actually. 

yes - what you say is true .hats off lady - for the way you fought back -and for being my superhero 

take good care of yourself

• Like 3

On 4/6/2020 at 4:43 AM, darcy said:

Hey Hh,

Just wondering how the weekend shaped up for you.   Just reread this thread.  Amazing!!! You are FREE.    What an incredible turn of events.  Considering you had no idea you were quitting and once the idea came about ...  YOU quit.

Chuckled  and nodded at your posting of THIS  IS THE QUIT because once you give your all, it is all or nothing.      I can relate.  My last relapse lasted around 5 years.   I had the mindset (of which I am usually VERY SET on some things) that once I picked up smoking again it was a forever thing.   BELIEVED that junkie thinking, too....for almost 5 years.  Surprised and grateful beyond words that my belief was terribly wrong.   I have quit.  Yay!    

Really glad you are clicking along on the QT track.   We have sticky quits!!!

The photo from the ship deck..... thanks for sharing that bit of beauty and awe.

OIP.uCnaah0gqOMpmMnTvwvfPgHaEK?w=300&h=1  you got this.

hello darcy, 

first let me admit that i love how gently and so beautifully you post. it gladdens the reader and that is something very few of us can lay claim to. so thank you for the posts - no - not just this one. 

i think a quit is more mental than physical. i just used my  strongest flaws to quit. turned them into my strengths

i am stubborn as hell - extreme as hell - just bribed these two to get on my side, lol

i need to quit - not want to quit : that sums it all up. 

i am so happy that you liked the pic, that is so awesome to hear . i am not hulk - lol, wish i were - lol.

take care and thank you so much for all that inspiration and joy you spread. you are so sacred to all of us out here . 

Edited by helmethermit
  • Like 5

random log book update:

observation 1:  just a slight cough after i wake up and this clears up soon in less than an hour.

observation 2 : the thirsty feeling of a dry throat,mouth etc is back to normal. lasted some 2 weeks.

observation 3: overeating and hunger pangs.  a foodie by default - i like to keep chewing all day - so not an quit aftermath 

observation 4: just no craves that register and so that means things  - SUC (situation under control) - lol. 

observation 5: SMELL !!! - at this rate i could replace those sniffer dogs soon, lol. 

observation 6: self - worth. i have a new found respect for the fighter i am. that is so precious

observation 7: FOUR (fear of unconscious re-lapse).  during lockdown - no fear. post lockdown - may have to watch out for this moderate probability scenario for a few days. since this is more of ingrained habit and spontaneous reflex action. correction will be clean out the jeep and car of all nicotine ammunition.

observation 8: the mind has begun to give me ideas to protect my quit like i prepared a list of friends and work related folks i usually interact with in person. they are classified as follows  -

green (non smokers),

yellow (occasional smokers or someone who will be happy i quit or those who do not force me to smoke) 

red (any smoker who smokes more than ten sticks a day / anyone who i feel will force me to smoke / anyone i feel who emits negative vibes) 

observation 9: shunning negativity has helped (since 4th day of quit i implemented a lock-down with negative outlook, negative vibes or folks that undermine my self esteem - that lock-down for now is still in progress indefinitely. i have fed this list onto my mobile and disconnected my landline) - red and yellow as above earlier cannot call or reach me on the phone until further notice.

observation 10: embracing positiveness has helped. similar to shunning the red and yellow list i scroll through the green list to call at least one person a day who had asked me to quit at any point of time in my life and disclose my quit to them. there are very few but the joy in their - ' really, say that again my man  - you quit , i am so happy' . do it once and you will realize how much strength it fills you up with.  

summary of first leg of voyage:

seas - has been smooth sailing

currents: have been in favor

final analysis:

1. i admitted i was an addict and needed help by googling  and landing up here.

2. i ''needed'' to quit. it was so much more than a want

3. i yelled for help and swallowed my ego

4. i followed the instructions of folks who had navigated safely out of these reefs to the oceans and were so eager to help me out

5. i just broke out the rear view mirrors and cast them to davy jones - i did not want a glimpse or glance of the bygones, lol

6. the quit was like a child that the forum family raised for me. i was like the mom who just had to recuperate well for a while.

final remarks: 

1. you need to ''need'' to quit

2. join and sign up to quittrain.com

3. yell for help - father, mother save son, lol !!!

4. pick a godmother for your quit from so many wondrous choices out her

5. sit back and enjoy the magic as you are healed. 

three weeks later you would post something that renders this post obsolete. would that not be something , lol

a grateful sweet puppy doggy (with that power to smell - i cannot feel anything but - lol !!)    

end of log entry. signed - hh

• Like 5

as much as i love hanging out here i just need some time off as the way my mind works is weird. i need to go offgrid in a sense and heal. i will be completely off every gadget - net, phone, mobile etc for quite a while. just lie in mommy nature's lap and bask in her glow. 

i will be back when i am stronger and enjoyed endless huggies from mama teddy. but for now the bull (im taurus - lol) needs to head down the tall grass to hide away and spent some alone time. 

take care everybody and thank god that the forum is free from the strange bull for a while at least.  

tenor.gif.71a88c59e1576c24bc0e9b5b54f14ebe.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Stomp and romp in the meadows,  Bull.  There is a fragrant, delicious patch of clover waiting for you.

Please stay ever vigilant and so beautifully free.

Thank you for sharing your quit with us, thank you so very much !

and please, touch base when you are able.  We will miss your exuberance.

Getting On With Your Life After You Quit Smoking

Come Share Your Strength Come Recognize Your Vulnerabilities

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...