I think I'm ready to try again.

SamDy

I'm almost out of tobacco, I think I will run out somewhere today. I either quit today or tomorrow. Tomorrow is my birthday, but due to the virus no celebrations. I hope I can do it. I feel I need to smoke with every single thing I do. 

• Like 3

I hope I can do it...

Change this to I Can Do It.....!!!!!!

Positive action .....

There is much great information here ,to get you started ....understand this addiction ,once you have all the facts ....quitting will be easier .....you need the tools to work with ...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Samantha&Dynah said:

I feel I need to smoke with every single thing I do. 

That is the addiction talking at you.  As long as you keep giving into those craves, you will never have control over your life.  You have the power to quit.  I promise the feelings of discomfort are far less than you think. We are here to help guide you through this journey.  

• Like 3

" I THINK I'M READY TO TRY AGAIN '

are already self-defeating words, S&D.  Ready to try ?   no no no.  It is the time for,  Just DO IT.

The DATE is unimportant.  Make the commitment yourself NOW.

I HAVE QUIT SMOKING  is the mind frame you must put yourself into and leave NO DOUBT, no chink in your resolve to quit.

5 hours ago, Sunshine59 said:

Quitting cigarettes is easier than you think 

One day you decide to stop getting high by  inhaling poison

Its not that complicated .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sazerac said:

" I THINK I'M READY TO TRY AGAIN '

are already self-defeating words, S&D.  Ready to try ?   no no no.  It is the time for,  Just DO IT.

The DATE is unimportant.  Make the commitment yourself NOW.

I HAVE QUIT SMOKING  is the mind frame you must put yourself into and leave NO DOUBT, no chink in your resolve to quit.

Listen to this wise lady.  I joined the forum with the same attitude as you.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I had the strength to quit.  She knew how to get the message through and let me know I was a pretty awesome person and could do anything; including quit smoking!

• Like 4

Thank you, @Mee.  It has been a pleasure watching you build a quit and grow into the fabulous nicotine creature that you are !

Read her story, @Samantha&Dynah.

Now for you, missy !

Sit down and read through your old posts, click on the provided links inside your threads and find the treasure trove of information.

New Here 

Am I Going Crazy

I Failed

Oh No, Here I Go Again

Listen to what we are saying.  We want you to succeed.  We quit, you can quit too !

Education runs through all the threads, we stress education because it is essential knowing what is happening in the body with and without nicotine.

When you understand what you are dealing with you are more likely to have a successful quit.

Joel Spitzer is an invaluable source of information and education. 

Spend some time, spend a LOT of time,  with his Daily Quitting Guide and begin to understand nicotine addiction.

Glad you are back.  Hope you will quit, we know how beautiful it is on the other side of nicotine addiction. We want you to know that beauty too.

• Like 4

On 3/18/2020 at 6:55 AM, Samantha&Dynah said:

I hope I can do it.

The choice is yours.  You are in control.  Cigarettes have as much or as little power as you give them.

There's no need for hoping and wishing.  The power to quit is entirely within your control.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:55 AM, Samantha&Dynah said:

I feel I need to smoke with every single thing I do. 

That's addiction for you.

Break the cycle and set yourself free.

• Like 4

I procrastinated on quitting smoking for 20 years.  Now that I did it, I regret having waited so long.

I posted affirmations all around my apartment to boost my self-confidence. My favorite one, off the internet, is, "I will stop smoking forever with ease and comfort." 

Do it b4 twenty years pass you by.  It's easier than you think.

Edited by Angeleek
  • Like 2

You really can quit if you want to. If you don't want to, but your better self knows you should, it's going to take even more self-disciplining.  Not sure what's the longest you've ever gone, but once you muscle yourself through those toughest days (for me it was 5 thru 7) you start to KNOW you can do it.  It helps you to keep on keeping on!

Congratulations on quitting again! You can do it!

• Like 3