I want to smoke again so bad

jw0510

I haven’t smoked in 4 days and haven’t had any bad cravings these past 2 days. I’m really trying to quit this time. But now after a few drinks I feel like a cigarette is the only thing I want in life. It’s all I can think about for the past half hour and it’s driving me crazy. 

• Sad 1

The nicotine is gone from your body there is no reason to re-introduce it to your body.

Think of what Sirius says, "The next time a craving plunks down on your face ask yourself, "What price you are willing to pay to own yourself?"

Don't smoke.  Take a screaming shower, go for a run.  You don't have to smoke, it is just the addiction needling you.

• Like 3

G'day mate...holding in there?....try a chewy or a lollypop...something that gives your mouth and action, like a placebo. 

Smoking doesn't make the grog taste any better...the nicotine receptors in your brain are just exploiting the fact that your inhibitions have been lowered by the drink an forcing the issue.

Your quit is still new. You have years of habbits and ritual to reprogram...see in the past your brain associated drinking with smoking...you can't just switch that off...the nicotine receptors in your brain will be wigging out wanting that smoke...you just have to hold tight to the quit...hang on with 2 hands...you can do this.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 4

Don't do it, JW! Day 6 was the hardest for me! Ride it out and remember your higher calling - the desire to BREATHE and maintain your health, or whatever higher purpose you quit for. Cravings get better. Take a shower...pump some iron...have milk and cookies, or pickles and cheese! Good luck!

• Like 4

Welcome jw0510.  Four  days quit is great because those are the tough ones.  Once the nicotine is out of your system, it is a matter of changing those craving thoughts.  Concentrate on your body cleaning out and breathing in the fresh air.  Each day you add to you quit, the more powerful you become.  Keep posting those SOS and we will help guide you through them.

You can do this!

• Like 3

Last time i had alcohol i had cravings too , then it went away after 2 days .

i was glad i did not inhale the nicotine poison

please avoid the smoking thoughts , your health will benefit from it

Edited by Sunshine59
  • Like 3

JW drinking is obviously a big trigger for you as it was for me, the quit must be protected above all else, if that means not going out drinking, locking yourself inside with donuts then so be it, you know your own weakness and its not forever.  Treat yourself to other rewards and when you do start drinking again do it slowly, take water breaks etc, its like learning to ride a bike all over again, you have to have the training wheels on and know where the brakes are, take things slowly and you will be able to go back to your social norm just without smoking and slowly killing yourself.

Edited by Tinkerbell
  • Like 3