Introduction

Britt

5 hours ago, Britt said:

My legs are hurting a little, hopefully that will pass soon. 

I was looking for this for you and here it is.  Great vid.

A little over the four minute mark of that video he talks about these kind of reactions.

This is normally a short time reaction that usually clears up after the first three days. 

here is the link to the page with more resources

What Withdrawals Should I Expect From Quitting Smoking

You may be tracking every hour, every minute at times but, this won't last long. 

Soon smoking/quitting will not take up so much brain space.

I hollered, 'Free Your Head' to myself for a while.  I took a few screaming showers.  They were cathartic.

Let us know as issues come up and we will commiserate or find you resources that may help.

Do anything you need to do to free yourself and know that the journey will get easier. Believe us, we don't lie.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey Britt, for more inspiration on your awesome quit consider making yourself a ticker for your signature. I loved watching all the time, money saved and cigarettes not smoked add up 😊

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I decided 4 days ago to take the idea of quitting smoking seriously and quit cold turkey. It only took a chest infection due to covid 19 to finally push me over the edge. I had a couple tough cravings today but I worked through them. I was searching the internet for some kind of support system when I came across this site. I decided to join and get the help I believe that I will need to continue strongly.

7 hours ago, Mac#23 said:

Hello everyone, I decided 4 days ago to take the idea of quitting smoking seriously and quit cold turkey. It only took a chest infection due to covid 19 to finally push me over the edge. I had a couple tough cravings today but I worked through them. I was searching the internet for some kind of support system when I came across this site. I decided to join and get the help I believe that I will need to continue strongly.

Welcome to our merry little band of quitters, Mac !  I am so glad you found us.  Congratulations on your quit ! 

How frightening to deal with the virus.  It rips up lungs like a thrasher.

You can work through all your cravings.  They don't have the power.  You have the power when you take it back from addiction.

Education about nicotine addiction is a powerful tool.  Please avail yourself of our resources.  Ask questions.  Tell us what you are experiencing and likely, someone will know exactly what you mean.

This thread may help you around the site

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine

You kinda sneaked in the side door !  This is not a problem but, I am afraid nobody is going to see you here and we love meeting newbies.

you can introduce yourself on this thread by starting a new thread in

Introductions & About Us

The band will be there 

• Like 1