Introducing Myself

Genecanuck

14 hours ago, Genecanuck said:

I am happy to report that I am off everything today. Decided to just go cold turkey and take off the patch. 

Congrats, Gene.  I kind of did the same as you;  quit the cigs, put on a patch, logged on here and read a bunch, then ultimately decided to stop the patch within a few days.  

You've got this!  They say a lot of good things in AA.  One that comes to mind is "willing to go any length". 👍

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Hello, @Genecanuck.

How are you doing ?  Here are some things that got us through the first days,

Your First Days, Nicotine Free

and what helped me enormously,

Joel Spitzer's Daily Quitting Lesson Guide

Hi @Sazerac,

Unfortunately, I did not have the luxury of zoning out and staying home today. I got througt the day by focusing on work (had to work today). But had my moments when I just could not focus. But here I am.

Day 2 - Nicotine Free.

Thanks for your support.

Gene

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Genecanuck said:

Hi @Sazerac,

Unfortunately, I did not have the luxury of zoning out and staying home today. I got througt the day by focusing on work (had to work today). But had my moments when I just could not focus. But here I am.

Day 2 - Nicotine Free.

Thanks for your support.

Gene

Day two, nicotine free is a great accomplishment.  You don't always have the luxury of zoning out from life's troubles early on in your quit but making it through both the good times and bad times nicotine free is what becoming a non-smoker is all about. 

Keep up the great work, Gene. 

• Like 3

This is spectacular news, Gene.  I was so cheered to see your NOPE this morning.

Here is The Great Smoke Free Mental Fog to commiserate with you and give you hope.  It doesn't last too long.

I think it was actually worse from inside my head than showing in my work.

Here are some resources for you

The Importance of the First Three Days of Your Quit

Being Locked Up To Quit Smoking

Resources Related To Facing or Avoiding Triggers

• Like 2