Day 4

Beachmom23

Welcome aboard beachmom, congrats on four days quit :) Glad you're already reading up on our addiction. We've got great threads to help you through so much of what you may be going through and if you can't find it just ask us, chances are someone's been through that particular thing too :)

When you're ready to give yourself a break head over to our social forums. Lots to do there from music and fitness to games and jokes. It's a great way to help keep your mind off the misery even if just for a bit :) 

• Like 3

Hello and welcome aboard the Train ...

You fight this monster with knowledge ...you outsmart it ...

There is so much to learn here ..start with the Main Discussion Board....all the pinned green threads..

Watch Joels videos...they have so much information.....

Those who stay close here ,have a great chance of quitting for good...

Congratulations....on your fabulous 4 days Smoke Free...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beachmom23 said:

Hi all. Just wanted to say hi.   I've been lurking all afternoon as I have had some strong urges.  Reading the highs and lows help. I will not smoke right now. That's all I've got as I'm living in the right now at this moment. Peace!✌

Commit yourself to Not One Puff for these moments, hours, days, months, years...Not One Puff Ever and you will succeed.

Craves do not last long.  Re-route your brain and look at or think of something beautiful while the crave is happening.

Watch your blood sugar.  Drink cold water.

Dance, take a shower or a walk or a run.

Reward yourself when the crave is over.  You Quit Smoking !

Read and learn all you can about Nicotine Addiction.

• Like 2

Welcome Beachmom! Congrats on 4 days. Everyday will be different - but do it for your kids and for yourself. So many of us remember that 1st week of quitting. It's very much a lifestyle change but only for the better. YOU CAN do this! Hopefully tomorrow we will see a Day 5!! 

• Like 3

Welcome Beachmom23!  One day at a time.  First couple of days are a little tough but you can do it.  Stay close to the forum and shout out when you need us.  The more you push through those craves, the stronger and more powerful you become!

• Like 2

I've been reading and watching videos since waking up.  I woke up to some strong urges, worse than in beginning.  Trying to stay positive😣.  Trying to be happy😃 about quitting.  I've heard attitude is everything.  Well mine has been crappy today but it's still early.  I will not smoke today!

• Like 5

Good for you reading and watching videos !

Attitude is everything.  The long run attitude is everything, your commitment to NOPE.

Not every day is going to be easy.  Some craves may come out of nowhere and surprise you with their intensity.

Some triggers are harder to overcome than others. These are they dying embers of addiction. Soon they will be GONE.

The point is that,  You Quit Smoking !  This is a reason to celebrate with joy and gain inner power, every crave you conquer !

That is what put the smile on my face during the rough times.  I quit smoking !  I beat that damn crave, beat it to smithereens. I am winning.

Here are some resources about Attitudes from our friend, Joel Spitzer, and the introductory video.

and Don't forget to reward yourself !  Check this out, The Significance of Rewards

• Like 4

Quitting is not all doom and gloom ....it can be fun ....

Play our games ...watch the funny animals ....and try not to smile ... impossible....

Turn all your negative thoughts ,into positive ones ....

Your a fabulous Non Smoker ...who is not longer killing themselves slowly with a horrible addiction which rules your life ..

Yipeeeee...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beachmom23 said:

I've been reading and watching videos since waking up.  I woke up to some strong urges, worse than in beginning.  Trying to stay positive😣.  Trying to be happy😃 about quitting.  I've heard attitude is everything.  Well mine has been crappy today but it's still early.  I will not smoke today!

Attitude is important and commitment is vital.

Don't put added pressure on yourself by feeling the need to stay "positive" and "happy" at all times.  There will be times when you want to smoke.  It's to be expected.  There may well be times when you feel a bit out of sorts during the early days of the process.  That too is to be expected.  It takes a little while for the mind and body to adapt and regulate.

Just remember the one and only incontrovertible rule of quitting smoking: DON'T SMOKE.  Adherence to this rule will carry you through the highs and lows.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

yippee ki yayyyyyy 🎈.   Honestly, I don't think I have another quit in me.  I've really been thinking some deep thoughts.  I have to learn how to live life as a ex-smoker.  Now a non-smoker would find that statement crazy.  Everything, and I mean everything, was done with a poison stick in my mouth or between my fingers..  I'm like a baby learning to crawl.  I would say walk but i've got to master crawling first.  I wake up and remind myself...I'm an ex-smoker and start my day.  At times I celebrate and in that same hour I rage.   So many of my feelings were handled with a cigarette and learning how to handle them without is hard but doable.  I just remind myself that I have come to far to blow it now.  Why would I go back to that place after rising out of the ashes.  I have to protect my quit and hold it like the baby it is . Today I will not smoke.  Nope, Nope, Nope I have Hope, Hope, Hope !

• Like 4

Oh !!!!!..I remember more or less saying the same thing in my early quit ...

I was like a toddler learning about life.....I so understand ...I didn't  know how to live without my crutch ....

How to be a adult ...I had smoked my entire adult life ...

It's now been 6 years plus ....Life is so much better now ....I love being smoke free....

BM.....stay sitting on the train ...I promise life will be amazing .....so much nicer and calmer ....

Amazing ....Trust me ..!!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Beachmom23 said:

I have to learn how to live life as a ex-smoker. 

This is one of the pleasures of quitting...becoming a FREE person.  Making choices freely, no longer led by addiction's demands.  

My Cigarette, My Friend

How To Do Nothing Without A Cigarette

Taking breaks can be triggers.  I learned how to just sit and rest or sit and think and Breathe beautiful air, it is a narcotic. 

Many moments associated with smoking were actually signals from your body for something needed.  

Check out,      H.A.L.T.       (are you Hungry/thirsty. Angry/emotional. Lonesome/bored. Tired.)

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, Beachmom23 said:

yippee ki yayyyyyy 🎈.   Honestly, I don't think I have another quit in me.  I've really been thinking some deep thoughts.  I have to learn how to live life as a ex-smoker.  Now a non-smoker would find that statement crazy. 

You're among friends here.  

We all took the same ride you're on now.

What sounds crazy to some is just a trip down memory lane for us.

• Like 4

Woohoo beachmom, you're past hell week! The hardest week of them all! 😊 If you want some more inspiration we have tickers at the top of the page that will show you how much time, money saved and cigarettes you haven't smoked since you quit. I loved watching mine. You just fill in the info and then paste it into your signature 😊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jillar said:

Woohoo beachmom, you're past hell week! The hardest week of them all! 😊 If you want some more inspiration we have tickers at the top of the page that will show you how much time, money saved and cigarettes you haven't smoked since you quit. I loved watching mine. You just fill in the info and then paste it into your signature 😊

Great suggestion, Jillar.

Here is the Ticker place and here is How To Get Ticker Into Signature.

I put the money for a pack a day into a big jam jar, it was a great motivator for me.

Here is a thread about Motivations To Quit/Stay Quit, please add yours !

• Like 1