Hello

Sparkles

Hello. This isn't the first time I've been here. Don't know if any of the people I used to talk to are still around, but I hope so, because I'd like to catch up and apologise for being such a failure in the past.

So, I just decided to quit about 30 minutes ago. I have ripped up my last cigarettes and put them in the bin. I don't want to do this anymore because it is making me an anxious mess (well more anxious than normal).

Anyway, here I am. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Pumpkin

xx

• Like 8

Bon Jour, Pumpkin !

How are you ?  How are the donkeys ?

I am so sorry you returned to smoking.  Why did you go back ? Did you ignore The Red Flags or believe the lies of addiction ?

Today is a new day.  You need to start at the beginning again and don't assume you know everything.

So, educate yourself about nicotine addiction.  There is something that isn't imprinted on your brain, NOPE !

Here are a few links to help you on your journey.  You will succeed if you want to !  I am v. glad you are back and have quit today.

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Quit Nicotine

Joel's Daily Quitting Guide

• Like 3

Hello Sazerac, or rather Bonjour! Thanks for the welcome (back). Who knows why I returned to smoking....I could give you a ton of excuses but I guess there's no point.

Sadly I had to give up my donkeys and my last home after my separation. I finally sold my house in September, and moved here to my new one. I'm finding life quite tough at the moment - being single after twenty years is a bit weird and loneliness is a big problem, but I am getting stronger bit by bit.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome.

Pumpkin

xx

• Like 4

It can be useful for you to examine for yourself why you smoked again in order to prevent another failure.

It is helpful to root out all the lies of addiction.

I am sorry you don't have your donkeys and have gone through some deep changes

but, you have a brand new life now and quitting smoking will give you self-confidence and a profound trust in yourself which can only lead to brighter days ahead.

It is exciting to be on this journey of self discovery !  It might be a slog at times but, the rewards are amazing.

• Like 3

Hmmm, you're probably right. Why did I start again?

Because it just seemed to ease the emotional pain I was going through.

I hated myself and figured what's the point. 

I wanted to punish myself

It was something to do when I had nobody to talk to

I figured it was probably no point giving up because the damage was probably already done and would probably die young anyway.

I guess those are the main things that went through my head. 

Pumpkin

xx

• Like 3

You are not alone with those feelings leading you back to addiction.

That is why the self-worth acquired by quitting is so astounding.

I think you will find our friend, @MLMR 's, thread v. helpful.  It is an extraordinary account of her successful quit.

Dip into it, it may really resonate with you.

Introsucktion

• Like 5

Hi Pumpkin ....

Of course I remember you ....

Great to see you back ....life throws us some horrible curve balls sometimes ....

It can be tough ....before my quit I used to think smoking helped with stress....I've learnt it only makes things worse ...you also have to deal with nicotine withdrawal....not only the crap ....

All you can do is brush the past aside ...start a fresh ....

Same drill as before ....Never take another puff ...you can do it ....

• Like 4

Welcome back.  Maybe try writing a list of why you are quitting and the positive benefits as they occur to you would be helpful.  If you have your goals written down, they will be easy to remember when your addict mind tries to derail your quit.  You can also write a pre-respond to your SOS so others can help you if needed.

• Like 3

Congratulations on day 2, Pumpkin!   Early in my quit certain foods that I had previously liked tasted awful to the point of being inedible.  I remember tuna salad tasting completely different and not in a good way.   It didn't last long and my taste buds were soon back to "normal".  

• Like 3

I'm doing good. Had terrible time getting to sleep last night. Had the jitters which sent me into a panic but managed to get off to sleep eventually.

Still feel a bit out of sorts but tried to carry on as normal. Even went for a bike ride with my friend....and I haven't been on a bike in over a year. It was lots of fun in the sunshine!!

• Like 5