having a SOS day

tony950

3 minutes ago, tony950 said:

drinking lots of water and every 30 minutes or so i go out to the backyard a pace around for 10 minutes

Good call.

I paced a lot during the early days of my quit.  A good walk-around is like hitting the reset button when you get all wound up.

Congratulations on keeping your quit Tony.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BKP said:

Tony

If you caved in and smoked you'd just have to go through this all over again the next time.  Might as well make this time count.  Keep telling yourself you can do this.....because you're worth it.

yes that is the problem. i keep giving in the cravings every now and then and go back to smoking. and then i have to keep going thourgh the nicotine wthdrawl stuff. it sucks. im going to try and make this the last time i have to go through this

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Paul723 said:

The craves can't hurt you and they will pass.  Try to dismiss thoughts of smoking as quickly as possible.  A good attitude helps and knowledge is power.

thanks paul. im trying really hard to, to stop thinking about it

• Like 4

tony950, if you can just ride out a couple of days, the nicotine will be out of your system and then it is just a matter of redirecting those thoughts.  I smoked for 42 years and never thought I could quit.  This forum was the boost I needed.  Looking back, I can not believe how easy it really was.  It is the addiction that is calling you to smoke.  You have the power to control that addiction.  Be strong!

• Like 4

Remember why you want to be a non-smoker, keep reminding yourself when the waves hit...do it over and over and over until it passes and you win.  I was in the shower more in those first few days than ever before.  Whatever it takes.

And GOOD on you for posting an SOS!  Stay close to the board.  We ALLLLL want to see you succeed and will help you however we can.   Breathe and know it will pass and you'll be SO happy you stood strong.

• Like 4