I'm now back on my Smoking Quit after relapsing on Saturday 18th January 2020 Anno Domini.

BeautifulAspie1970

I'm now 1 day quit after smoking way too many cigarettes since relapsing on 18th January. A fellow church member bought me some Nicorette Quickmist mouth sprays to help me with my latest quit for a birthday present. My birthday is tomorrow, 12th February. On the 18th January when I relapsed I started to have seizure like tremors from the nicotine withdrawals symptoms and buckled under the pressure of the cold turkey quit. I'm now one day quit.

• Sad 2

Hey BA ....good to see you buddy ...I was wondering where you went ...

Sorry to hear you smoked ,you had a good quit going .....It can be tough at the beginning...but you have to fight for your Freedom ...did you go buy some cigs ..or did you have some lying around ...?????

If you have any flush them away ...

Please post a SOS ...if you think your quit is in danger ....we have saved so many quits using this thread ..

Don't just give in and throw your wonderful quit away .....

Happy Birthday  too.....Fifty is a great age to Quit ...for good !!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Hey BA ....good to see you buddy ...I was wondering where you went ...

Sorry to hear you smoked ,you had a good quit going .....It can be tough at the beginning...but you have to fight for your Freedom ...did you go buy some cigs ..or did you have some lying around ...?????

If you have any flush them away ...

Please post a SOS ...if you think your quit is in danger ....we have saved so many quits using this thread ..

Don't just give in and throw your wonderful quit away .....

Happy Birthday  too.....Fifty is a great age to Quit ...for good !!!!

On Saturday 18th January 2020 Anno Domini, the day that I relapsed, I was around my non-smoking friend Ioanna's home. Ioanna was very worried about my shaking and trembling. Ioanna told me to keep strong, it'll pass, but I decided to go to the local internet café where my and Ioanna's good friend manages his business. I trusted two packs of Lambert and Butler Original Silver cigarettes

I've paid my friend back now when my Carer collected my money from my financial corporate appointee the Tuesday after. I reset the Quit after my elderly friend bought me some Nicorette Quickmist mouth sprays for my birthday. I don't want to go into my birthday as a smoker. I need to Quit. All my cigarettes have gone now, I chucked them in the estate bin and dismissed them for the garbage they are. Now I'm nearly one day quit and using the Nicorette Quickmist mouth sprays much more sensibly than I did before. I've been praying to my Lord Jesus Christ for strength too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BeautifulAspie1970 said:

On Saturday 18th January 2020 Anno Domini, the day that I relapsed, I was around my non-smoking friend Ioanna's home. Ioanna was very worried about my shaking and trembling. Ioanna told me to keep strong, it'll pass, but I decided to go to the local internet café where my and Ioanna's good friend manages his business. I trusted two packs of Lambert and Butler Original Silver cigarettes

I've paid my friend back now when my Carer collected my money from my financial corporate appointee the Tuesday after. I reset the Quit after my elderly friend bought me some Nicorette Quickmist mouth sprays for my birthday. I don't want to go into my birthday as a smoker. I need to Quit. All my cigarettes have gone now, I chucked them in the estate bin and dismissed them for the garbage they are. Now I'm nearly one day quit and using the Nicorette Quickmist mouth sprays much more sensibly than I did before. I've been praying to my Lord Jesus Christ for strength too.

My 50th Birthday is tomorrow and I intend to go into my birthday tonight at midnight smoke free.

I was born on Thursday 12th February 1970 in a charming maternity hospital in Wood Street, Barnet, Hertfordshire which comes under North London.

• Like 5

Good for you BA....

Putting more nicotine and chemicals back into your body is never going to be a good thing ...

You can do it ....

I quit at 62 ....after smoking over Fifty years ...it's so doable ....and so Rewarding ....

But you have to fight for it !!!!

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 4

Sorry to hear you relapsed BA, what are you planning on doing differently this time? NRT's are a great tool for some but you still need to put in the effort. The shaking and anxiety is normal for a lot of us and it does get better. However, if you are worried about it you can always talk to your dr. Some have been helped with temporary anxiety meds to get them past this. 

Don't forget to change your quit date on your profile to hold yourself accountable and also to let us know where you are in your quit. You can do this, we are all proof.......

• Like 3

I'm sorry to hear about your relapse BA.  I'm glad you are quitting again but as Jillar said, what are you going to do differently to guarantee success?

I had a number of quit attempts that I failed at.  Joining a support site like this and promising myself that I would reach out to the fellow members if I really was tempted to smoke helped me quit for good.  Accountability can really help you quit smoking.

• Like 2

I don't understand why you are using nicotine ?

You already quit cold turkey !

Why did you relapse ?  What were your excuses to smoke ?

Spraying nicotine is just prolonging the torture of withdrawal.

Hope you just get back up, dust yourself off and leave nicotine behind.

Nicotine does not help you or serve you.

Quit the opposite.  Nicotine addiction OWNS you.

I hope you let it go.

Remember how awesome you felt about yourself on your cold turkey quit ?

Use that power that you have, Beautiful one.