First couple days ... now scared

AndrewAsh

Hi Andrew, good to hear from you 😊 Congratulations on almost two months quit, I was given saline nasal spray for my dry sinuses from a nurse and it seems to work pretty good. Maybe you can try that 😊

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AndrewAsh said:

Hey all just checking in ... 

still smoke free , going on two months!!!

not really having any urges to even have a cigarette. 

battling really dry sinus nowadays. Nose feels like is plugged at times but it’s just pressure it seems. I know smoking does a number on our sinuses as well. 

Other than that holding strong. Stay safe everyone. 

Great to hear from you Andrew !  

Congratulations on being smoke free/nicotine free.

I had horrible sinus issues as a smoker which thankfully vanished after I had quit smoking for a short time.

Colds that reliably descended into bronchitis for years also disappeared.

I can catch and survive a cold without my lungs being terrorized by tobacco smoke leading to bronchitis or worse.

With time, your lungs will heal themselves.  It's miraculous.

Glad you are holding strong.  You keep yourself and your family safe also, thanks for staying in touch !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AndrewAsh said:

battling really dry sinus nowadays. Nose feels like is plugged at times but it’s just pressure it seems. I know smoking does a number on our sinuses as well. 

Hey AndrewAsh congratulations on two months.  You definitely have this quit handled.  I would say your sinus problem could be the pollen.  I am in Ohio and the trees are all popping.

Keep that quit going and stay healthy.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sazerac said:

I had horrible sinus issues as a smoker which thankfully vanished after I had quit smoking for a short time.

Colds that reliably descended into bronchitis for years also disappeared.

I can catch and survive a cold without my lungs being terrorized by tobacco smoke leading to bronchitis or worse.

With time, your lungs will heal themselves.  It's miraculous.

Amazing how many issues I attributed to sinuses went away after I quit.  The dry, red eyes.  The frequent sore throat.  Chest colds that lingered around like bad company.  Rarely an issue anymore.

Even now, as a thick coat of pollen covers everything here in East Tennessee, I'm not having issues with allergies like I did when I smoked.

Good riddance to cigarettes and all of the ills associated with smoking.

• Like 4