Rush: Have a Cigar ...

sgt.barney

Have a Cigar, my man - hope they were worth it ...

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/481234-limbaugh-says-he-has-advanced-lung-cancer

Sarge heard all the bullshit back in the day: They're just cigars. You don't inhale. They're not *that* bad ... 
Sure, buddy. Sure. 

Old public quotes from Rush: 

"I think cigars are just a tremendous addition to the enjoyment of life,'' the wildly popular, conservative
 radio-and-television talk-show host says ...

Limbaugh loves sitting back and relaxing with a cigar. "Of course you have to save the Cuban cigars
for special occasions. I like keeping things special in my life. So I do smoke some Honduran Punches
now and then. And I still have a box of Ashtons and Partagas No. 10's. But this is a special occasion...."

"First of all,'' he says, "it's the flavor. The next thing is that they are a reward. I look at them as an
indulgence that is special. I like the feel of them in my hand. I'm very expressive with my hands,
and when I speak I enjoy having one in my hand. I love the smell of them. In fact, one of the disappointing
things about smoking cigars is that when you smoke one, you can't smell it the way it smells when
someone else is smoking one. Sometimes I'll just usher people into my office and say, 'Light this,' and
ask them to sit there and smoke just so I can smell it. Cigars relax me. They help me to think.."

Sarge has just one question: Howdaya like 'em now, Dumbass?

EZPZ

• Sad 2

As a smoker,I was in denial for Years but, this guy takes idiocy to the nth degree.

From Raw Story Published 1 min ago on February 3, 2020 By David Edwards

‘I would like a medal for smoking’: Old radio shows haunt Rush Limbaugh after he reveals advanced lung cancer

Rush Limbaugh, who announced this week that he has advanced lung cancer, has a history of praising the practice of smoking.

Speaking to a caller in 2015, Limbaugh said that Americans should thank smokers.

“Earlier you were saying about smoking, that people ought to be thankful that there are smokers,

because the money gotten from smoking helps to fund all these child programs and everything?”

a caller told Limbaugh. “But that’s like saying I’m glad that there’s bumper accidents because then auto mechanics would still have jobs and it improves the economy.”

“Well, now, wait. Hold it, hold it just a second,” Limbaugh grumbled. “I’m sure the hospital industry would agree with you that they support knives,

there wouldn’t be scalpels without knives.”
“Smokers aren’t killing anybody,” the conservative host added.

“Except themselves,” the caller noted.

“Yeah, but how long does it take?” Limbaugh scoffed.

“There’s no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke.

It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you.”

“Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does,” he continued.

“Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it’s true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots.”

Limbaugh ranted as the caller listened:

“I’m telling you, there ought to be some measure of appreciation for people who buy tobacco products, despite the forces arrayed against them,

It’s getting harder and harder to use tobacco products, unless you want to call marijuana tobacco, and you can do that anywhere, for the most part.

But the fact of the matter is they have to endure a lot, the public hates them, they’re despised, they can’t smoke in places of comfort anymore,

can’t even smoke outside in a park! And yet their actions and their taxes and their purchases are funding children’s health care programs.

I’m just saying there ought to be a little appreciation shown for them, instead of having them hated and reviled.

I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I’m saying.”

Just years later, Limbaugh would reveal his lung cancer live on his radio show.

“This day has been one of the most difficult days in recent memory, for me, because I’ve known this moment was coming,” Limbaugh said on Monday.

“I can’t help but feel that I’m letting everybody down. The upshot is that I have been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.”

“I told the staff today that I have a deeply personal relationship with God that I do not proselytize about, but I do,

and I have been working that relationship tremendously,” he stated. “I am, at the moment, experiencing zero symptoms.”

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

“Yeah, but how long does it take?” Limbaugh scoffed.

The consequences of smoking are always off in the distant future...until they're not.

The lies we told ourselves and the mental gymnastics performed denying the consequences of smoking become null and void when the cold, hard truth comes calling.

Edited by Boo
  • Like 5

1Rush is an amazing American first name. American first names can be so wild and creative. I digress...

2 Rush brings up connotations with nicotine rush....unfortunately.

3 I feel sympathy for anyone with Advanced cancer.

4 He won't be the first or last to claim he liked the 'sensory element' of smoking. I did once.

5 This is site for people who have seen the truth about smoking and that's better.

• Like 2

I wish Mr. Limbaugh good fortune though I regret this will, most likely, only be a wish.

The casualty statistics of smoking are as pitiless as they are remorseless. 

Of some, small consolation being he has the courage to share his misfortune.  His example may yet prove

the inspiration for others to quit.

• Like 2