New here

SamDy

Hey all. I'm new, found this forum in a Google search. I'm about to smoke my last cigarette. I'm 24, from the Netherlands, smoke 30 a day for 11 years. I'm afraid quitting will be hard, as I live with 4 smokers. I hope I can do this, I can feel the bad effects on my body. 

• Like 4

Welcome to the board, SamDy, and congratulations on your decision to quit!  You absolutely CAN do this, so take the "if" out of it.  You just need to make the decision that there are no circumstances in which it is okay to smoke.  Deciding for your whole life is hard, so just decide one day at a time, NOPE,  Not One Puff Ever.  We have a thread where you can pledge each day, promising you will not smoke, just for that day.  A hard thing for me was to realize that there is no such thing as just having one (or even a puff) when things are stressful, or you are partying, or someone offers you one.  We all started where you are now and if we can do it, you can, too!  

• Like 7

Welcome to the site, SamDy.  You are doing a great thing by quitting smoking.

I was afraid of quitting too but it is very doable, and definitely worth it.  Education about nicotine addiction and support from a site like this really helped me.  Read up on nicotine addiction and reach out to us when you need help.

You are taking your life back from nicotine addiction.  That is an awesome thing to do.

• Like 5

Welcome, @SamDy and congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking.

You CAN quit.  There are no circumstances preventing you from succeeding.  

Here is a video and resources from our friend, Joel Spitzer, 

How Can I Quit If I Live With A Smoker

It is important to learn everything you can about nicotine addiction so, please avail yourself to all our materials.

You may find this thread helpful in navigating around the site and building a sturdy quit.

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine

• Like 5

Welcome aboard S....

You can quit ...there are others here who have quit with smokers in the house ...

All you need is the will and the determination......

Read all you can ,on the main Discussion Board you will find green pinned threads ...this is a great place to start ...you are still very young ....quit now before all the crappy illnesses appear ....

• Like 5

Welcome aboard SamDy.  You made the right call when you decided to give up the smokes.

20 hours ago, SamDy said:

I hope I can do this,  

You can.

It's a simple process: don't put things in your mouth and light them on fire.  One step and you're good to go.

Commit to the process and you will be rewarded many times over.

• Like 5